21 Delightful Days on Paul Gauguin

Mighty,

always good to miss something -then you will have another excuse to go back another time!

Mighty, I agree with this. Always leave something behind! Like the tapas cloth that I left in the rental car at LAX after our Marquesas trip. :( Then again, I have the pretty cutting board that I bought in Ua Huka--the carvings are indeed nice, and I wish I had bought more. So there you go--there must be a next time!

FamilygoBoston, no worries! Most excursions, whether PG or private, are half-day so you still have plenty of time to do nothing but relax. I know you'll have a super time on your special anniversary cruise.

Emdee & Wendy, it really gets inside you, doesn't it? We're still in the "what were we doing last month" mode. That's fun for a while, but nothing like the real thing. We're actually planning to take scuba lessons so we'll be divers next time - we're that confident there will be a next time!

Mighty got our docs today and thanks for the tip about lunch - it is indeed in the small print which I never read.

Also this is likely a change from Regent where I dont think lunch was included in the hotel on embarkation day.

Surprised to find them in a plastic folder - cheap and ugly looking! At least the previous suedine bags were great as shoe bags. Never mind as long as the on board product is super.

How exciting Emdee. Now I'll be living vicariously through you! :):)

Glad you found the bit about the complimentary lunch. It's kinda hidden, no? I hope they have the fab seafood extravaganza when you're there. Another tip if you need a few xpf before getting on-board - Socredo Bank has a currency exchange machine in the lobby of IC. They were accepting CAD at 85cpf/C$1 a month ago.

Didn't you also get the blue suede bags? Our docs came in those cheesy blue vinyl holders inside the suede bags. Maybe it's cost-cutting. Better that than something that matters!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived