Transportation to Bloody Mary's?

Does the PG offer transfers to and from Bloody Mary's in Bora Bora or do we need to find taxis ($$$) or use public transportation?

We were hoping to catch lunch or dinner (and get our t-shirts: check! :D) but are not quite sure how we're gonna get there and if it's far away from wherever we drop anchor.

If you are going for dinner, I believe Bloody Marys will send a complimentary van .. at least, that is what other guests on our April cruise said ... and all of them enjoyed it v much.

I have never understood the big deal of this. If you search this board, you will find people in the past remarking that the place is an overpriced tourist trap. We've had a drink there once, on a tour, and really don't understand why one would spend the money on dinner when the food on the ship is outstanding. But, to each his own.

So, my recommendation is to take a tour that includes a stop there, buy the t-shirt, and get going.

Totally agree, Wendy. We have had lunch and cocktails at Bloody Mary's on both of our cruises and will probably do it again in November, but the food is nothing special to forego dinner on the ship.

I am with Wendy. Some of the excursions stop at Bloody Mary's for a little while and they are the best way to experience this place, in my opinion. We ate there for dinner during one of our precruise stays at Le Meridien, and the the food was comparable to that at Le Meridien but not worth missing dinner on the PG.

I guess that I would say it is something you should do once, but that it is more about saying you were there than it is about the food. They have quite a selection of seafood at night, but it is expensive and as Wendy and others said, probably not worth missing dinner on the ship.

I think we will go for lunch this time and do dinner on the ship. Of course, we are bringing friends who have not been, so this may all change when we get to Bora Bora.

Just talked to PG travel and she said that people often organize a group to get there. Sounds like it's a drive.

Hi Beth,

Why don't we just blow through to Bloody Mary's for a drink (or two) after the Lagoon excursion. I've heard the meals are overpriced and not really that great.

Yes, it probably is a "tourist trap" - but that's what we are and some things you've just got to do....so you can say "been there - done that" and get a t-shirt too !!!:p

Hi Beth,

Why don't we just blow through to Bloody Mary's for a drink (or two) after the Lagoon excursion. I've heard the meals are overpriced and not really that great.

Yes, it probably is a "tourist trap" - but that's what we are and some things you've just got to do....so you can say "been there - done that" and get a t-shirt too !!!:p

Sounds like a plan. I'd prefer to eat the majority of meals onboard anyway. I've heard the food on the PG is amazing and why pay for something we've already paid for - especially with the reviews we're hearing.

Archived