Nicest Marriott in Miami-Downtown

CaribQween

We will be cruising out of Miami in October. We're just flying in one day ahead. Could anyone tell me which of these Marriotts is the nicest hotel, regardless of price: JW Marriott Marquis Miami (Biscayne Blvd), JW Marriott Hotel Miami, (Bricknell), or the Miami Airport Marriott (NW LeJuene). We can get them all for the exact same price so we figure we might as well stay at the nicest one. Thanks.

I agree with Keith - skip the one near MIA. I've stayed at the Doubletree, next door to the Marriott on Biscayne -- it looks very nice and some of the rooms wil have a view of POM. Expensive parking is the only issue if you have a car. Good luck! :)

If you're using Marriott Rewards points, you may want to consider staying at the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront and taking a taxi to the port. It is in the old art deco Cadillac Hotel. We stayed here last year and loved it!

I can get several different Marriott's in either the downtown or miami beach locations. So...what would be the pros vs. cons in staying 1 precruise night in either area?

The Pro of the Marriott Marquis is that it is the newest of all of the Miami Marriott's and is a beautiful hotel. If you are going to arrive to Miami just the day before your cruise I don't see any big advantage staying near the beach area.

Keith

I can get several different Marriott's in either the downtown or miami beach locations. So...what would be the pros vs. cons in staying 1 precruise night in either area?

The nicest Marriotts are the Ritz Carltons.

Downtown I'd go with the JW Marriott Marquis.

I'd stay on the beach because I abhor downtown.

The Pro of the Marriott Marquis is that it is the newest of all of the Miami Marriott's and is a beautiful hotel. If you are going to arrive to Miami just the day before your cruise I don't see any big advantage staying near the beach area.

Keith

What about the Marriott Biscayne Bay? Or are the JW's nicer? We can also get any for the same price but would prefer one where we have a better chance of getting a view of POM and Marriott Biscayne Bay seems to have more rooms with views at a cheaper starting price point so it seems more likely we will be upgraded at this hotel....thoughts?

This is a very new and nicer Marriott.

If I was coming in for one day I would stay at the Marriott. You can get nice views from rooms on upper floors.

If I was staying for a few days it would depend on various factors including whether or not I had a car. To me I'd want to have a car if I was staying at Key Biscayne.

While I love Ritz Carlton's I would not stay at those properties just for one day.

There is no right or wrong on this one. It really comes down to personal preferences.

There is also a hotel within a hotel at the Marriott Marquis on the top floor. I am not sure if they take the Marriott rewards.

Keith

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the replies. I'm not actually using Marriott rewards. I'm a federal employee and therefore many of the hotels offer us the discount even when we are on our own time. If we weren't going to be getting in so late the day before, we would stay by the ocean also.

I'm cruising in October as well. I decided to stay in JW Marriott Marquis since its it close to the port and hertz.

Also might stay on the South Beach Marriott that's next to Nikki Beach, after the cruise.

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the replies. I'm not actually using Marriott rewards. I'm a federal employee and therefore many of the hotels offer us the discount even when we are on our own time. If we weren't going to be getting in so late the day before, we would stay by the ocean also.

I'm a federal employee also and cruising in October. We booked the Marriott Biscayne Bay at the Federal rate. We are coming into FLL and using SAS to transport and he told me that it was a great hotel that we would enjoy it. Looks nice and has great views of the ports. I looked into the JW after I read your post and even though we can get it for the same price, it looks a little too "upscale" for my group of 5 ladies. I think the Marriott Biscayne Bay will be perfect for us. Good Luck & Enjoy!

I would AVOID the Marriott Biscayne Bay. We stayed there a few yrs

ago pre-cruise and were very disappointed with the room.

We had a great view of the ship when we woke up, BUT the room

was very small --about the size of a broom closet, the furniture was

awkardly arranged so you couldnt get a suitcase around the bed, you

had to lift it up and over the bed. So in other words the room was too

small for the size of the furniture. It was over priced IMO.

It was also VERY noisy the entire night. I was woken up all hours of the

night with the last time at 3am with the bar patrons coming back to their rooms. The room refridgerator also made a humming noise that I had to have matinence come fix as well.

Well change of plans for us. Since I saw all these suggestions, I checked out the Marriott South Beach and was able to get the same rate as I had with the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Difference is, we are on the beach and within walking distance to Lincoln Road. Can't beat that. It also had a lot of good reviews online. CaribQween, we are there Oct 12 -14..when you sailing? Check it out when you get a chance...sounds and looks like a great place!

Well change of plans for us. Since I saw all these suggestions, I checked out the Marriott South Beach and was able to get the same rate as I had with the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Difference is, we are on the beach and within walking distance to Lincoln Road. Can't beat that. It also had a lot of good reviews online. CaribQween, we are there Oct 12 -14..when you sailing? Check it out when you get a chance...sounds and looks like a great place!

Will SAS still take you to the South Beach Marriott? I thought they would only take you to the POM hotels and didn't thing South Beach counted!

We are also booking on a military rate and can get all of the Marriotts at the same price - I just wanted to book the easiest transportion from FLL to the hotel.

Will SAS still take you to the South Beach Marriott? I thought they would only take you to the POM hotels and didn't thing South Beach counted!

We are also booking on a military rate and can get all of the Marriotts at the same price - I just wanted to book the easiest transportion from FLL to the hotel.

He was taking me to the Marriott Biscayne Bay which isn't a POM Hotel. His website says as long as his trip starts or stops in FLL his permit is good. I emailed him to confirm that he can transport us to South Beach but haven't heard back yet from him. I'll let you know when I get in touch with him. Chances are, if he can't, I may find someone else. I'm really excited about staying on South Beach. Since we don't have a car, being able to walk to restaurants, stores and activities will save us lots of taxi fare. Plus not to mention being on the water..an added plus.

Denas...I just got off the phone with Steve from SAS. He is such a nice guy. I can't wait to meet him. He said he can transport to South Beach is no problem and not even an increase in price. He Said the Marriott South Beach is in a great location. Near Nikki Beach and close enough to everything but far enough away. He said we will love it.

If you are interested in both SAS and the Marriott South Beach I think you should give them both a try.

Denas...I just got off the phone with Steve from SAS. He is such a nice guy. I can't wait to meet him. He said he can transport to South Beach is no problem and not even an increase in price. He Said the Marriott South Beach is in a great location. Near Nikki Beach and close enough to everything but far enough away. He said we will love it.

If you are interested in both SAS and the Marriott South Beach I think you should give them both a try.

Thanks so much!

Archived