Zipline - Is it too quick to be worth it?

We have the Chukka zipline excursion planned for Falmouth and I'm wondering with the zipline, I know the ride is very short, probably just seconds, so whoever has done it, did you feel it was really worth it? I can't imagine you see much scenery on the way zipping along at 30 or 40 mph. Is the time spent mostly waiting in line for your turn? Someone I work with was on a cruise that stopped in Belize a couple months ago and said they were disappointed in how fast the lines were over. I'd love to hear people's opinions. Thanks.

We have the Chukka zipline excursion planned for Falmouth and I'm wondering with the zipline, I know the ride is very short, probably just seconds, so whoever has done it, did you feel it was really worth it? I can't imagine you see much scenery on the way zipping along at 30 or 40 mph. Is the time spent mostly waiting in line for your turn? Someone I work with was on a cruise that stopped in Belize a couple months ago and said they were disappointed in how fast the lines were over. I'd love to hear people's opinions. Thanks.

We did it a few years ago and we enjoyed it. It is more then 1 zip line, you basicly walk thru the Rain Forest to each area and zip accross. It just depends what you are looking for. My DH still talks about it.

I can't speak for Falmouth, but when we were in St Lucia last year my DH did the zipline. It wasnt only one zipline...the excursion included about 8 ziplines and 2 suspension bridges. My DH thought that it was worth every penny. He loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Most of the ziplines are fairly short, but are a blast. The last one is the longest and there is time to enjoy the scenary around you. you don't spend much time waiting because the groups are fairly small. Stay with it. I loved that excursion.

I can't speak for Falmouth, but when we were in St Lucia last year my DH did the zipline. It wasnt only one zipline...the excursion included about 8 ziplines and 2 suspension bridges. My DH thought that it was worth every penny. He loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I want to do it, but am afraid. I'm 61 year-old female. I did do the segway tour last year; not a perfect segway driver, but I completed the course.

What say ye?

In Falmouth, there about 10 different lines you will do. I thought it was very well and safely run and worth the money. I would do it again it a heartbeat.

Bellybutton, I am a 59 year old female, fairly fit for my age, but I do have an issue with heights. I was able to do it, force myself to take the first step and had a blast. You do not have to be athletic, they are very cautious. You just strap in and go.

I highly recommend this excursion

Karen

In Falmouth, there about 10 different lines you will do. I thought it was very well and safely run and worth the money. I would do it again it a heartbeat.

Bellybutton, I am a 59 year old female, fairly fit for my age, but I do have an issue with heights. I was able to do it, force myself to take the first step and had a blast. You do not have to be athletic, they are very cautious. You just strap in and go.

I highly recommend this excursion

Karen

Thanks Karen. I'm also in pretty good shape. Do my own yardwork, walk 3 miles each day; workout on bowflex 4 days a week.

It is on my bucket list, so perhaps I need to get the deed done. I'm not getting any younger, after all....:p

I want to do it, but am afraid. I'm 61 year-old female. I did do the segway tour last year; not a perfect segway driver, but I completed the course.

What say ye?

I say go for it. My dh is 61, our friends are 58 and 53. They all did the zipline. I am seriously afraid of heights so did not do it. The other guys wife was also afraid but said after the first zipline she was fine.

Archived