Marina Bed configurations

LHT28

Has anyone had the beds configured for 2 singles rather than one big bed?

How do they set it up ?

the head board did not look like it would accommodate 2 single beds like on the R-ships

Thanks

lyn

Has anyone had the beds configured for 2 singles rather than one big bed?

How do they set it up ?

the head board did not look like it would accommodate 2 single beds like on the R-ships

Thanks

lyn

Our friends had theirs set up as twins so she could try to get away from his snoring. The nightstand nearest the balcony was put in the middle (otherwise you'd never be able to get into the closet) and that bed shifted over. The head board doesn't move. Puts the one bed slightly under the reading light. Of course it looks off balance, but our friends had no problem. (Still not far away enough though for the snoring :))

Joanna

Our friends had theirs set up as twins so she could try to get away from his snoring. The nightstand nearest the balcony was put in the middle (otherwise you'd never be able to get into the closet) and that bed shifted over. The head board doesn't move. Puts the one bed slightly under the reading light. Of course it looks off balance, but our friends had no problem. (Still not far away enough though for the snoring :))

Joanna

Thanks

That is what I thought

Never far enough away from the snoring:D

Lyn

No indeed, to get away from the snoring you need to be in a separate room!

I have contacted people who indeed have booked two cabins precisely because of that problem ...

But that is an extreme solution, I think!

\

No indeed, to get away from the snoring you need to be in a separate room!

DH was going to sleep in the Sancturary but they take the cushions in at night ;)

Who ever is awake & is trying to sleep:D

LOL

That's what I love about Canadians!

Everything is so even-stephen

I was sure that "long suffering" was going to be the chosen "Alfresco Napper"

Tell Mike we say hi! :D

Do you know if the two twin beds are pushed together without the night stand in between, can the bedding be made up seperately (i.e. as two twin beds next to each other)? My DW and I prefer sepaerate duvets, top sheets, etc.

I don't see why not. All you would have to do is ask your room steward to do that for you. They are always so eager to please.

Bobi

That's a good idea. So when I book should I ask my travel agent request that the room be set up with twin beds but pushed together?

Do you know if the two twin beds are pushed together without the night stand in between, can the bedding be made up seperately (i.e. as two twin beds next to each other)? My DW and I prefer sepaerate duvets, top sheets, etc.

We do the same -- except that we just ask for extra bedding. You don't have to have twin configuration to get the extra bedding.

That's a good idea. So when I book should I ask my travel agent request that the room be set up with twin beds but pushed together?

It can definitely be done. Not very likely that it will get done through the TA.

Just ask the attendant for 2 duvets and TWO cover sheets. Works very well cover "hogs" (no names will be mentioned to protect the not-so-innocent).

It can definitely be done. Not very likely that it will get done through the TA.

Just ask the attendant for 2 duvets and TWO cover sheets. Works very well cover "hogs" (no names will be mentioned to protect the not-so-innocent).

Thanks. So should I ask for the king setup when I book and then when I get onboard ask the room steward for seperate covers?

The beds are 2 separate units they use the single size mattress topper but full size duvet.

just ask your steward to change to twin size duvet or sheet/blanket whatever you prefer

i love the duvet but DH finds it too warm

Tell Mike we say hi! :D

Will do

I was trying to my friend to cruise with me that was the original intent of the question;)

But I will make note of the suggestions for the snoree:D

Lyn

Thanks. So should I ask for the king setup when I book and then when I get onboard ask the room steward for seperate covers?

You may ask for a twin set up. It's just that this request rarely filters down to the cabin steward level. If it does- that much better; if not, change it once onboard.

Archived