Docking 6am Barcelona, 10:45am flight - is this do-able?

Before you book the flight know what the penalties are if you miss the flight and verify what time you have to check in.

I say this because when you ask if it is doable no one (and I mean no one) can guarantee whether you will be fine should the ships arrival be delayed or there is some kind of delay getting the ship cleared. Do delays happen from time to time? Yes.

So know the penalties and verify the timing required for check in by that specific airline.

Keith

We did this in Nov. Make sure that you are in line to disembark as soon as possible with your luggage in tow. There are plenty of taxis and they load fast - in fact we got to the airport with over an hour or so to sit around. You should be fine.

If the ship is in at 6 a.m., you should have no problem. If the cruiseline you are sailing on has expedited disembarkation for guests who can carry off their own luggage, I would try to utilize that, just for extra "peace of mind". Even if they don't, with an early flight, you should be one of the first groups.

We just came back. We had a 10:50 a.m. international flight and although we left from a hotel, we left at 8:30 and still had time for breakfast at the airport.

Thanks everyone! I'll have to look closely into the airlines rules but it sounds like it should be do-able. There's only two of us and we're perfectly capable of taking our bags ourselves so that should speed things up as well.

That is no problem as long as your ship docks around the time scheduled. You would want to be on your way to the airport by around 8 although even leaving the ship at 8:30 would be fine for your flight. We would want to be at that airport about 1 1/2 hours before a domestic flight.

Hank

Archived