Unfair Pricing for Royal Caribbean Cruises

Recently checked on a cruise on Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas doing Australia's Top End for 16 nights. The brochure price said that for a balcony cabin on deck 8, E2 category, midships, the price was "FROM" $3835.

When we consulted a travel agent the "FROM" price started at $3849 then it was plus gratuities of $201 each person plus taxes of over $700.

Has anyone else had this problem.

With P&O and Princess you have the base price and the "Saver" price and that's it - isn't it. No more to pay!!.

Please set me straight if I am wrong.

Depends if they include the port fees in the price.

The one I know best is the Princess site , and they quote the going price, but always have a box underneath with how much the port fees are. You will also notice when checking prices from TA's that they may vary a bit as some include the port fees and some dont.

On Rhapsody unless you book anytime dining you do not have to pay grats anyway.... When we were booking we found that if you are booking direct with RCCL you have to pay the grats, but thru a t/a or online t/a (as we did) the grats are optional, unless as said you want the antyime dining..:):)

The brochure price usually doesn't include taxes. Then the rates can change depending upon when the brochure was printed - and they can even go down - not always up. And remember you have different rules in the UK than in the US as far as price drops go and fees to adjust prices. You will just have to inquire of the agent that you find and remember to check if they charge fees to do every transaction for you.

I'd say it was a US brochure. What is the contact number on the booklet?

US pricing and therefore brochures do not include taxes. Gratuities are not included in the pricing of either location but that's the same for all cruiselines.

Archived