One thing I shouldn't leave out of carryon

phinn

I have a small zippered leather cosmetic-type bag, about 4" in length and 4" tall. I carry it with me daily in my purse and when I travel. Although small, it is "mighty" in its usefulness. Inside I keep a couple of anti-bacterial wet-one wipes, band-aids, and a small phone book with important phone numbers (in case cell phone is lost, stolen or destroyed somehow), some small individual use packages of dental floss, the "prescription" labels off my contact lens containers (in case I ever need an emergency refill), and a single-use bug repellent ... all of these items are held together with an elastic hair "ring" which also comes in handy if you want to put your hair up. Also have a small pill box with a couple of Tylenol/aspirin/acid reducer. A chapstick type item, but one with high SPF factor - in a pinch I have used it on my nose and prevented a burn. Nail clipper - useful for many things! A sample-size tiny container with some heavy duty hand cream. At the bottom, a small micro-flashlight. Yes, it is true, all these useful things can fit in a small leather cosmetic type bag! And I can't tell you how often these items have been used. Plus it keeps your purse uncluttered and easier to find things. I do inventory and refresh items periodically to ensure they haven't dried out, etc.

Copies of your passport and other form of ID as well as receipts for all prepaid reservations and services. I also now, (after learning the hard way) carry a list of what is packed in each of our checked bags along with a description of the bag itself ie. brand, colour and size.

Great point! When I remember, :) I snap a picture of our bags. It's a charm, never needed to show it to the airline people.

Archived