Regatta 26th Aug

You DO have to wear clothing, however ...:D

It just doesn't have to be formal attire. (Unless you prefer to wear such, in which case you are welcome to do so.)

Although it doesn't sound as if you are ...

Mura

The policy is

Recommended onboard clothing is resort or country club casual. For evening dining, elegant casual resort wear is suggested. We request that jeans, shorts, t-shirts or tennis shoes not be worn at dinner.

Most men wear dress pants, dockers & a collared shirt ..jacket not required but you will see some onboard

Women wear nice dress, dress pants or skirt with smart top

No formal wear required but we have seen the odd few

Lyn

The policy is

Recommended onboard clothing is resort or country club casual. For evening dining, elegant casual resort wear is suggested. We request that jeans, shorts, t-shirts or tennis shoes not be worn at dinner.

Most men wear dress pants, dockers & a collared shirt ..jacket not required but you will see some onboard

Women wear nice dress, dress pants or skirt with smart top

No formal wear required but we have seen the odd few

Lyn

"...the odd few" Is this a reference to the clothing or the people? :D

You DO have to wear clothing, however ...:D

It just doesn't have to be formal attire. (Unless you prefer to wear such, in which case you are welcome to do so.)

Although it doesn't sound as if you are ...

Mura

Thanks! Actually I always dress up but prefer not to be the only one!

Well, I doubt you will be the only one!

On our first Renaissance cruise I remember being surprised at seeing four couples dressed to the nines in completely formal attire. They were having a good time and they looked great.

But there are often people who are dressed VERY elegantly. I often wear a long skirt to dinner. Because I like to dress up, too!

Mura

If my memory serves me correctly, Frank Del Rio said that any one who wears a tux will probably end up serving dinner in the GDR. A word to the wise.:D

We found on our, just ended, Alaska cruise that most of the folks were first time Oceania passengers rather than the usual high percentage of regulars.

The clothes mix had many more jackets and glitter than we have ever seen on O. One man wore a jacket and tie to breakfast and lunch.--Anything goes!

We did the Panama Canal cruise a couple of years ago and there was one gentleman who wore a coat and tie all day, even sitting on a lounge chair around the pool. His wife was always in a 'sensible' dress.

I presume they were first time cruisers/travelers. It always amazes me, being from Calif, that in "middle America" even when men retire they still dress every day. I wonder if they own a Hawaiian shirt!

Archived