Captain Panagiotis Mantzavinos

kampinguru

Now that the Century is on the block, has anyone heard where Captain Rockstar (Panagiotis Mantzavinos) will be landing after he leaves the Century? He is a great captain and one that Celebrity needs to hold on to. He is a very personable captain and very easy to talk to.

Did I miss a memo? Century is leaving X?

Hi Cruisestitch !

You didnt miss the memo. Rumors keep popping up on here, but I do not put much faith into it... for now anyway. My primary concern, is that Century is now a 1 ship class, so I do not believe she brings long term value to Celebrity.

As the 2012/2013 schedule includes Century, she should be in good shape for a while. We will see what happens.

I heard from one of the staff at the captains table that it had two more years then was going away. That is why it is going on around the world on a last fling.

Celebrity's rumor mill even by people supposedly in the know is very active but rarely accurate. If previous rumors had been believed, Century would have been stretched so big that it would not have had to leave the dock to go to the bahamas, you could just walk from one end of the ship to the other.

Celebrity's rumor mill even by people supposedly in the know is very active but rarely accurate. If previous rumors had been believed, Century would have been stretched so big that it would not have had to leave the dock to go to the bahamas, you could just walk from one end of the ship to the other.

I guess it will have people movers like in the airports?

Maybe he will be the Captain of the Silhouette?

Captain Pagonis--another Captain Rockstar--announced during a very well attended Q&A session that he would be leaving Constellation to become Inaugural Master of Silhouette...

My primary concern, is that Century is now a 1 ship class, so I do not believe she brings long term value to Celebrity.

I agree Andy that she doesn't fit the Celebrity mould now and I think she'll be off before too long. Solsticization seems to be the way of it for those that aren't in that ship class already and that's not going to happen with Century. She does rattle at the stern a bit too;)

Phil

Wouldn't it be wonderful (at least to some of us) if X would build new ships in the C-class size -- then Century wouldn't be the only one and those of us who like it as much as we do would have some interesting new options. Well, we can dream, can't we?

I feel wants the last S class ship under construction enter the fleet; the Century will be history.

The Century was the first ship we sailed with Celebrity and she will always hold a very place in our heart.

Captain Pagonis--another Captain Rockstar--announced during a very well attended Q&A session that he would be leaving Constellation to become Inaugural Master of Silhouette...

I remember a Staff Captain onboard Century that we ate with during our Baltic Cruise. I believe his last name is Kloussis. Is this the one and the same?

Thanks for your info.

Archived