Printing in Internet Cafe

flyhelper

Could someone tell me where to find pricing info on document printing from Internet Cafe? I know we'll get free internet access as part of the suite perks, but not sure if it comes with some printing as well. Anyone has experience? Thanks.

On Princess, if not in a full suite, you get charged $0.50 per print job whether it is just one page or many but you only get charged if you are logged on to the internet service. If you have your own computer (with Windows OS) you can add the ship's wireless printer as a printer option on your computer by going to Start > Control Panel > Printers > Add a Printer > Add a Network, Wireless or Bluetooth Printer and selecting the ship's wireless printer, which probably will be the only one that will show up in that seach. You should be able to do this also with a Mac but since I don't use one I can't provide the exact procedure. After the cruise it is easy to delete the ship's printer from your printer options section in Control Panel by right clicking on it and selecting Delete.

If you log off the satellite internet before you print off any emails or attached document that you have downloaded to your computer's email browser and personal file folders you won't get charged. You can do this because your computer is still connected to the ship's WiFi since this needs to be so in order to log on to the satellite service. You can even print off web pages when log off by not closing your internet browser down, since these will be saved as temporary internet files, which you can access by using the back key. I used this method on our last Princess cruise to print off ours and friend's return air flights boarding passes and private shuttle transfers confirmations, along with a few of our documents. This also saves on internet cost especially if you are paying by the minute for this service since you are not log on to do the printing. If you purchase a package you probably can make do with a lesser minute one at a lower cost.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't believe Platinum/Elite members (who get some free minutes) are charged for printing. At least I don't recall being charged for printing boarding passes.

On the Royal's last cruise on May 1, only Suites got free printing. Elites and others were charged.:(

I don't believe Platinum/Elite members (who get some free minutes) are charged for printing. At least I don't recall being charged for printing boarding passes.

Elites are charged - $-.50 per print job, not per page.

I'm elite, and I get charged.

I've notice that the print job completes with about 50% success,

but the charging is much more reliable.

Originally, you were not. But this changed quite some time ago to 50 cents per print job.

Why not bring your own printer along? I have a laptop, printer, fax machine and scanner all inside a crush proof business briefcase. The printer is the size of a pencil case uses no inks or toners paper only, yet produces a full size business copy. Cost per copy is .5 cents. The scanner and fax machine is 1 unit it also is the size of a pencil case. This kit all runs independent of AC power rechargable battery life is over 10 hours, and everything can be used inside the case. all works on WYFY or 3G networks. I feel this kit works well for travel by ship or car. weight of everything including the carry case is less than 10 pounds. The buying costs of everything is less than most quality laptops alone.

Archived