Show reservation necessary?

Is it now necessary to make reservations or get tickets for show in advance? I last cruised with RCI 5 yrs ago (2 yrs w/Carnival) and didn't even know that was an option. Is it new?

Is this all for shows? Are these 'reserved' seats or just "a" seat? I do appreciate not having to get to the show room over an hour early to get a good seat but seems to be another thing to plan in advance. Sounds like you can reserve show tickets just like purchasing shore excursions prior the trip.

Any thoughts and advice are truly appreciated. Thanks.

The only ships I know of where you need reservations (other than the ice shows) are Oasis and Allure and yes you do need to make them in advance. The reservations open up about 90 days before the ship sails. The popular times for both the shows and resturants fill up quickly. There are some seats held for booking on board but not many as far as I could tell.

The reservations are for a seat only no assigned seats so you still have to get there early to get a good seat.

Karter is correct. In addition on most ships there are also special seating areas for Diamond and above (Diamond, Diamond +, Pinnacle). That makes it easier to get a seat if you meet the level requirement.

The only ships I know of where you need reservations (other than the ice shows) are Oasis and Allure and yes you do need to make them in advance. The reservations open up about 90 days before the ship sails. The popular times for both the shows and resturants fill up quickly. There are some seats held for booking on board but not many as far as I could tell.

The reservations are for a seat only no assigned seats so you still have to get there early to get a good seat.

And there may still be seats available for those who arrive at the theater without reservations but if it is a show (ex. Chicago or Hairspray) that you really want to see, reservations are strongly recommended. On other ships, including those that have an Ice Show, reservations are not generally required.

Thanks very much for the assistance.

How do I find what will be 'showing' during my cruise? Is that something I should find on the website? In the my pre-cruise section?

Other than Oasis and Allure, whose shows are reserved on the website, none of the other ships have shows listed on the website. You can send an email to web_reservations@rccl.com about a month before the cruise and ask for the scheduled entertainment. Note that there is an underscore "_" character between web and reservations.

Is it now necessary to make reservations or get tickets for show in advance? I last cruised with RCI 5 yrs ago (2 yrs w/Carnival) and didn't even know that was an option. Is it new?

Is this all for shows? Are these 'reserved' seats or just "a" seat? I do appreciate not having to get to the show room over an hour early to get a good seat but seems to be another thing to plan in advance. Sounds like you can reserve show tickets just like purchasing shore excursions prior the trip.

Any thoughts and advice are truly appreciated. Thanks.

I was on the Adventure in April and the only show we needed avanced tickets for was the ice show. The ticket was for general seating (pick your seat when you get there). There were 2 ice shows to so that both dinner seatings could see it. We could not get our ice show tickets until the day of the show. All other shows did not require a ticket.

Archived