Sorry more questions - entertainment

SlackAlice

Another question - sorry - I know there are kids' clubs and evening entertainments for the adults, but are there evening entertainments that we can go to with the children? Or is that not generally the done thing?

Our cruise is P&O Ventura 20 Aug 2011

Thank you

The only things kids are not allowed to attend is the night "adults only" comedy show and the over 18 disco. Those comedy shows can get pretty dirty, so they don't allow anyone under 18 to attend those. Also, it's probably not a good idea to bring the kids to the dance venues and allow them to run on the dance floors. I've seen too many kids under age 5 allowed to play on the dance floors and I've seen couples trip over these kids. If you want to bring them to listen to the music, that's great, but the dance floor is not a play area for kids.

If you can drag them from the kids' clubs...!

There is a special kid's tea in the early evening, with Noddy, which some children enjoy.

There are 3 shows in the theatre each evening- all family friendly- and then there will be some kind of event- comedian, magic etc in the Havanna bar, at the other end of the ship- again, quite family friendly for the 1st hour or so...If it becomes more adult, it will say in the daily newspaper.

Many children prefer to stay with their young friends and club leaders, and you'll see parties of children in the theatre with these adults.

Once the children have joined the club, they will be told what special events are for them...Ventura is known for circus skills and bunji....

Jo.

Oh that's great thanks so much. I am sure they will love the kids club, but are a bit old for Noddy (will be 6 and 8 by then) and will love magic and music shows etc.

I won't be surprised if they prefer to go to them with the other kids instead of boring old mum and dad.... but I am hoping we can have some nights where we all do things together. They love pantos, that's the only kind of show we have taken them to so far.

Thanks so much for your help :)

Archived