Please help me pick - 1601 or 1603 or 1606 - Silhouette

blloyd23

I'm new to cruising with Celebrity. I've sailed with RCI several times. My husband and I are going on our first Med cruise May 2012. Which Aqua class cabin should we pick? I like bigger balconies, but I am concerned about how dark the cabin may be because of the overhang. I've done my research. Also since we'll be sailing into Venice at 10AM the starboard side would be nice. Which one should I reserve? Each has it's benefits.

1601 and 1606 have slightly larger verandahs than 1603 [though it's still significantly oversized] and feature the bed adjacent to the balcony... 1603 features the bed adjacent to the bath/closet... I'm generally indifferent as to bed position--some are not--but would advise that I'd personally select a cabin with bed near the balcony if you plan to split the bed into twins [it becomes really tight in accessing the closet otherwise]...

Those AquaClass cabins on the angle near the mid-ships elevators are my personal favorites... I've sailed them four times--and have one booked for six future cruises [my personal favorites are 1605 and 1610 if available; those verandahs are even a bit larger than 1601/1606]...

Truth of the matter is that after considering what's important to you--port versus starboard, verandah size, bed position--you would be hard-pressed to fault the selection of any of the cabins you cited...

Enjoy!

We were in 1606 on the Eclipse (another S class ship) and our bed was by the bath not the balcony. The cabin is not dark because of the overhang. 1606 has one of the largest balconies so I would go for that one if it's available. You can still get sun out of the balcony depending on which direction the ship is facing. One of the great things about the balconies is that they are private and no one can look down on you or into your balcony. You can't see anyone unless you are actually standing at the railing. You have wonderful lounge chairs out there as well.

Here's a couple of pictures of my cabin/balcony so you can see it.

067.jpg

050.jpg

049.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

I would go with either 1606 (we stayed in this cabin also) or 1601 -- both have the largest balconies. These two cabins/balconies are identical with the exception of bed placement -- 1606 has bed by bath (which we prefer as it opens up the stateroom leading onto the balcony), and 1601 had the bed by the balcony.

With either stateroom, you can't go wrong. I consider it the best location on the ship, right next to the bank of 8 elevators -- up to the buffet, down to the dining/martini bar. :D

I got my wires crossed when I quickly reported on the bed position for AquaClass 1606...

1601, 1604, 1605, and 1608 have the bed adjacent to the verandah... 1599, 1603, 1606 and 1610, have the bed adjacent to the closet/near the bath...

Truly sorry for the misinformation... I've stayed in--and have reserved--these staterooms often enough to know better...

1601 and 1606 have slightly larger verandahs than 1603 [though it's still significantly oversized] and feature the bed adjacent to the balcony... 1603 features the bed adjacent to the bath/closet... I'm generally indifferent as to bed position--some are not--but would advise that I'd personally select a cabin with bed near the balcony if you plan to split the bed into twins [it becomes really tight in accessing the closet otherwise]...

Those AquaClass cabins on the angle near the mid-ships elevators are my personal favorites... I've sailed them four times--and have one booked for six future cruises [my personal favorites are 1605 and 1610 if available; those verandahs are even a bit larger than 1601/1606]...

Truth of the matter is that after considering what's important to you--port versus starboard, verandah size, bed position--you would be hard-pressed to fault the selection of any of the cabins you cited...

Enjoy!

Do you really think 1605 and 1610 are even bigger balconies than 1601 and 1606? We tried counting the wooden slats and they seemed to be the same. Has anyone measured or been in both to compare?

Do you really think 1605 and 1610 are even bigger balconies than 1601 and 1606? We tried counting the wooden slats and they seemed to be the same. Has anyone measured or been in both to compare?

It's my impression that the verandahs for 1605/1610 are a bit larger than 1601/1606 [i've sailed in all four of the cabin pairs (1599/1604, 1601/1606, 1603/1608, and 1605/1610)--some more than once] but I've never measured/counted slats as I didn't find the difference to be material... It could be that 1605/1610--being furthest out on the angle--just seem a bit brighter to me [and provide the clearest view forward relative to the structural supports between the angles]...

There are others who have made the same observation but I don't know that any have been particularly scientific about it either [be wary of some of the earliest posts that were initially incorrect and subsequently corrected]...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1147317

Fact is, they're terrific cabins and I always try to snag 1605/1610, 1601/1606, 1603/1608 in that order... I'll be in 1601 on Eclipse in August, 2153 [which is equivalent to 1605 with expansion of AquaClass cabins--and the addition of AquaClass suites--to Deck 12] on Reflection in November 2012, and 1605 on Solstice for a B2B2B2B in 2013; don't know why exactly but I personally tend to select cabins on the port side of the ship if both in a pair are available...

• 3 years later...
1601, 1604, 1605, and 1608 have the bed adjacent to the verandah... 1599, 1603, 1606 and 1610, have the bed adjacent to the closet/near the bath...

Is the configuration the same on the Reflection? We just booked 1599 and 1601. :)

Also does the partition between these two balconies open? Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by Arubalisa

Is the configuration the same on the Reflection? We just booked 1599 and 1601. :)

Also does the partition between these two balconies open? Thanks in advance. :)

Yes, the configuration is the same on Reflection. The balcony partitions do open.