Best Solstice Aqua Class Cabin location

Linco711

Not sure what your sail date is but if you can get one of the hump cabins on the angle, not the face, you will have a larger balcony. Do a search for "bad aqua class" cabins and that might help. Also, there is a sticky about the Solstice cabins. Take a look and find those cabins in AQ.

You'd want to avoid the dreaded window washing equipment. On Equinox, I believe it was parked at 1552. Luckily I learned about this thanks to CC and switched to 1519. This is a nice area; very close to the Relaxation Lounge, Spa and forward elevators. Balconies are regular sized and do get sun. We did like the balcony by the bath configuration but haven't tried the other arrangement. Only issue with our cabin was some noise from the gym above. You would also want to avoid being too close to crew doors. I believe Ellbon reported on the problem of 1535 in this regard.

Aquaclass is awesome...enjoy...can't wait to try Solstice!

You'd want to avoid the dreaded window washing equipment. On Equinox, I believe it was parked at 1552. Luckily I learned about this thanks to CC and switched to 1519. This is a nice area; very close to the Relaxation Lounge, Spa and forward elevators. Balconies are regular sized and do get sun. We did like the balcony by the bath configuration but haven't tried the other arrangement. Only issue with our cabin was some noise from the gym above. You would also want to avoid being too close to crew doors. I believe Ellbon reported on the problem of 1535 in this regard.

On Solstice, the window washing equipment was parked in front of AQ 1554. We were in AQ 1552.

I was annoyed when I first realized it was there, as I hadn't been warned, but we could not see it from inside our room, only when we were further out on our large balcony.

The WW equipment got in the way if you were trying to take panoramic photos, but other than that, it wasn't a big problem for 1552. It wasn't there every day, either.

In your opinion where is the best Aqua Class cabin location? :) We're booking a last minute and they're aren't many left, so just waondering where the better choices would be..Thanks:)

If you like the sun, and do not want to deal with the support beams, make sure you get a forward cabin. We were in 1543. You will see what I mean if you look at a picture of the ship.

If you want a larger balcony, the angled balcony cabins off of the hump are great (although you will be under the overhang a little in AquaClass).

yes, it was me. I loved 1525= i think under the locker room or PG. very quiet..

According to the this post on the Solstice Cabin Information Compilation (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=19403185&postcount=358), the following AQ cabins have extra-large balconies: Port--1599, 1601, 1603 and 1605; Starboard--1604, 1606, 1608 and 1610.

1601 and 1606 have the largest balconies, then 1599 and 1604. 1603/1605/1608/1610 are slightly smaller due to a cabin attendant's closet that pushes the stateroom outboard a little bit and shortens the size of the balcony.

Sounds like you're splitting hairs between all of these cabins though--I think you'd be happy in any of them (if you don't mind the overhang).

According to the this post on the Solstice Cabin Information Compilation (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=19403185&postcount=358), the following AQ cabins have extra-large balconies: Port--1599, 1601, 1603 and 1605; Starboard--1604, 1606, 1608 and 1610.

1601 and 1606 have the largest balconies, then 1599 and 1604. 1603/1605/1608/1610 are slightly smaller due to a cabin attendant's closet that pushes the stateroom outboard a little bit and shortens the size of the balcony.

Actually, I think I might have posted that in error based on our first TA cruise. The cabin attendant's closet does not in any way hinder or shorten the size of the balcony.

All of the balconies are large. 1601 and 1605 on the Port side are larger, but the bed is near the balcony, whereas 1599 and 1603 are a tad smaller, but the bed is near the bath. 1610 and 1606 on the Starboard side are larger, and the bed is near the bath, whereas 1604 and 1608 are a tad smaller, but the bed is near the balcony.

I apologize for any confusion I may have incurred. :(

• 2 weeks later...

We were able to secure 1603 and are thinking that it will be hot enough so some shade might be welcomed. I am hoping the overhang won't block our view of the stars? Anybody know how deep the overhang is? I can't seem to find a photo of the ship that shows the location of the stateroom Strait side shot close up. Thanks:)

On Solstice, the window washing equipment was parked in front of AQ 1554. We were in AQ 1552.

I was annoyed when I first realized it was there, as I hadn't been warned, but we could not see it from inside our room, only when we were further out on our large balcony.

The WW equipment got in the way if you were trying to take panoramic photos, but other than that, it wasn't a big problem for 1552. It wasn't there every day, either.

Thank you for this post. I have been looking for this answer for a couple of days. I just switched our cabin to 1552 for the larger balcony, then found out about the ww equipment. I am glad to hear it is not that big of a deal.

In your opinion where is the best Aqua Class cabin location? :) We're booking a last minute and they're aren't many left, so just waondering where the better choices would be..Thanks:)

I loved AQ #1501 on the =X= Equinox with only one other cabin next to it.

Thank you for this post. I have been looking for this answer for a couple of days. I just switched our cabin to 1552 for the larger balcony, then found out about the ww equipment. I am glad to hear it is not that big of a deal.

If you are interested, here are detailed pictures of AQ 1552 on the Solstice. Pictures of the balcony are on page 5.

(Sorry that the pictures are a bit dark. I forgot to turn on the overhead lighting, as it was quite bright in the room without them, although the pictures don't show that :).)

It was a great room and a great location. The balcony was lovely. We got sun for part of the day, but welcomed the shade as well. There was no wind curl, but the balcony did get enough air to be pleasant.

We were able to secure 1603 and are thinking that it will be hot enough so some shade might be welcomed. I am hoping the overhang won't block our view of the stars? Anybody know how deep the overhang is? I can't seem to find a photo of the ship that shows the location of the stateroom Strait side shot close up. Thanks:)

This is picture shows the overhang. It is actually taken from the balcony of AQ 1552 (from our cruise in December 2008) but we have also been in AQ 1605 and our friends were in AQ 1603 (May 2009) and the relationship is exactly the same as shown in this photo. If I had taken this picture from the balcony of AQ 1605, the next balcony on the angle would be AQ 1603 and it would have looked the same as this, except there would have been four balconies on the angle.

If you look at this picture, you can see the four angled balconies of AQ 1604, 1606, 1608 and 1610 in the distance.

451760627_GJS3L-L.jpg