McKinley Chalet Resorts food

CRICKET808285

Can anyone tell me of their experience with the food at the McKinley Chalet Resorts, particularly dinner and breakfast? We will be staying there and wondered if we should east there or go elsewhere. If we go elsewhere, does the hotel shuttle take you anywhere, or just the Visitor Center?

Thanks in advance. :D

Just found out we're staying here as well. :confused: DH wants to see the Dinner/Theatre show. Any comments? Thanks

I did the dinner theater in 2007. It was pretty hokey and the food was just avaerage. At that time I think it was $57 - can assume it has gone up since then. Would I do it again? No way!:p

I did the dinner theater in 2007. It was pretty hokey and the food was just avaerage. At that time I think it was $57 - can assume it has gone up since then. Would I do it again? No way!:p

Texas Tille: Thanks for that vote of no confidence:( It just confirms what I was thinking when DH suggested it. It's $63 p/p now. But if we don't have dinner there, what's in the neighborhood? Marsha

I believe there are three restaurants at the McKinley Chalet Resort. We had a terrible (service & food) lunch for $28 at one restaurant. Decided we wouldn't eat there again, especially after looking at the prices for dinner.

We went to the cafe at the back, for breakfast and had an absolutely wonderful buffet breakfast for $14.95.

We were on a HAL cruisetour in '07, so prices may be up some now. Then there was a sandwich shop too, where we ate the second lunch. Cost about the same as the Subway, but didn't have to walk to get to it. Sandwich, chips & soda ran us $10.

There are a few places across the street, Pizza and Subway, that I recall, but nobody wanted to do the walking to get there.

We got a two for one last year and did the dinner theater. Certainly cheesy but we had a good time. We wouldn’t go for the full price though. The Salmon Bake has decent food. It’s across the street and within a ¼ mile of the McKinley Chalet. If the 400 or so yards is too far to walk, the Salmon Bake has a shuttle that will take you there from the hotel. For most, everything except the visitor center and other park entrance facilities are within walking distance.

We had a nice lunch in the bar at the McKinley Chalet. It's a small place, but the food was good. For dinners, we ate across the road at Glitter Gulch both nights. The first night we went to the large pizza/bar place at the McKinley Chalet end of the strip. It was busy, service was slooooow, and the food was OK. The second night, we went to the salmon bake at the far end of the strip, and it was pretty good. We had breakfast in the Chalet restaurant out back along the deck, and it was decent.

We had heard, BTW, that the dinner theater was not worth the time or money, so we skipped that altogether.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I have read about 229 and Creekside, both recommended. Does the hotel shuttle take you to other restaurants or is there taxi service available? They are too far to walk.

Thanks again to all those to take the time to help out! :D

Archived