Pacifc Pearl - Salt Grill

Now I think about it, I think they did.... Yes, there definatly was......

Do you think they will have salty choc balls on Norwegian Pearl for you? At least they wont melt in Alaska. Hope you find cocks in the dining room, hey they may have salty balls??

Your countdown is now on, how exciting, you must be extra excited with that suite you are in...

Fiona

NCL has a midnight chocolate buffet so I will have a look for you.

Yes I am getting excited as we are down to single digits now. Haven't started packing yet but we do not fly until Thursday.

We are in a mini-suite which is fine. We do not need a wonderful cabin because we prefer to be out enjoying the ship, scenery and friends we meet.

Yes the lonely times was fun wasn't it? And from memory we did have chocolate cake on that cruise too.

Lots of chocolate cake....mmmmmmmmmm. One of the best nights EVER. I never laughed so much in my life.

so I would take you do not eat any where else on the ship when you cruise?

What kind of a stupid question is that? Ohhhh I know a stupid question from Thied LOL

Seriously man, you really need to start thinking before you type, if that's at all possible!

The more I read of this thread - the more I am looking forward to eating on Pearl.

There is something for everyone here - firstly there is Thied's closed mind attitude of "Don't confuse me with the facts! - I've already made up my mind"

and then there is the confirmation about the quality of the food in Salt Grill.

I do love good food - but I am not a fussy eater. I have always said that I will eat anything - I would even eat a s*** sandwich - except for the fact that I don't like bread.

I mean - where else could you get a menu like this below - especially the Entree

entree: Crap ommette( to die for)

Main: Grill Barrmudee

sides : Potato with Truffee oil

carrotts / fries/salad/ vegies etc

Barry

The more I read of this thread - the more I am looking forward to eating on Pearl.

There is something for everyone here - firstly there is Thied's closed mind attitude of "Don't confuse me with the facts! - I've already made up my mind"

I do love good food - but I am not a fussy eater. I have always said that I will eat anything - I would even eat a s*** sandwich - except for the fact that I don't like bread.

I mean - where else could you get a menu like this below - especially the Entree

Barry

Hi Barry

You will love the Salt Grill. It'll be nice to have some variety on your 28 day cruise. You'll have to let me know what you think of it and how it compares to other ships you have cruised on.

Did you know that they swap the lunch time menu in the Waterfront restaurant so you can at least have a bit of varierty dureing your 28 day cruise. My fav lunchtime meal is the Thai Green Curry....yummo.

What kind of a stupid question is that? Ohhhh I know a stupid question from Thied LOL

Seriously man, you really need to start thinking before you type, if that's at all possible!

Lol Debsta, good call :D. I'm tired of seeing posts that have comments about nothing. Maybe we should all start commenting on post on everything and anything too so we can all get our post counts up too :rolleyes:.

Brossy

"Thai Green Curry."

But is it a REAL Thai Green Curry???

P&O UK are supposedly "famous" for their curries - they certainly do have a lot of them , both in the Buffets and the MDR's -- BUT they are "dumbed down" something terrible. I guess to accommodate the fairly bland British palate. I was at the stage where I was going to scream "Well don't eat Asian food!!!" - if I heard someone else say "OOOH! I can't eat Chili " :)

Barry

Barry

Can't wait to try my favourite... some crap...:p:eek:..maybe you could have this instead of your s*** sandwich.

My fav lunchtime meal is the Thai Green Curry....yummo.

Lol Debsta, good call :D. I'm tired of seeing posts that have comments about nothing. Maybe we should all start commenting on post on everything and anything too so we can all get our post counts up too :rolleyes:.

Followed by Chocolate brownie??????

Brossy

"Thai Green Curry."

P&O UK are supposedly "famous" for their curries - they certainly do have a lot of them , both in the Buffets and the MDR's -- BUT they are "dumbed down" something terrible. I guess to accommodate the fairly bland British palate. I was at the stage where I was going to scream "Well don't eat Asian food!!!" - if I heard someone else say "OOOH! I can't eat Chili " :)

Barry

A menu item in fish and chip shops in the Uk (besides fried mars bars)

was chips and curry sauce. I think they just waved the curry powder jar over the top. It looked just like gravy.

We could request a special order. I'm good friends with all the Maitre-D's and head chefs as I have cruised on all the ships in the P&O fleet so I should have no problems getting what I want ;).

But you had better share Rose.:D

I soon will have cruised on nearly all the different ships with you,

Now I think about it, I think they did.... Yes, there definatly was......

Do you think they will have salty choc balls on Norwegian Pearl for you? At least they wont melt in Alaska. Hope you find cocks in the dining room, hey they may have salty balls??

Your countdown is now on, how exciting, you must be extra excited with that suite you are in...

Fiona

I hope the cocks have their formal wear on if it formal night, don't want to upset the fashion police.

Might need a fashion police badge too.

Lots of chocolate cake....mmmmmmmmmm. One of the best nights EVER. I never laughed so much in my life.

Me too. I can still laugh when I think about it and the photos proved how much fun we had.

Out of all the cruises I have done that and the pub crawl night would have to be the best nights ever and to be able to share it with so many friends. I feel sorry for the ones that did not get to play with us.

Ashame she isn't cruising Carnival. They have a Chocolate buffet which might serve these ;).

It might be worth booking a carnival cruise just for the chocolate buffet then. I hope they keep it when the carnival spirti comes to Australia.

Barry

The crab omelette is delish :D

Does lukey baby have a restaurant in Brisbane. I have been to Aria Chef's table (company thank you gift) in Sydney It was so horrendously expensive, so nice to try his version of food cheaper.

I so like to try different restaurants on the ship, now we don't have small kids to stop us going there.

I just don't like eating in the same place every night which gets a tad boring when you cruise a lot. You can almost say what is going to be on the menu the night without looking.

I was at the stage where I was going to scream "Well don't eat Asian food!!!" - if I heard someone else say "OOOH! I can't eat Chili " :)

Hehe. Never understood that attitude. Choose something else if you don't like it; not complain about it. Beside, "can't eat" and "don't want" are two different things. Try it a few times and then you will be able to! :D

Brossy

"Thai Green Curry."

Barry

Hi Barry

Actually the dish was delicous but I did notice it varied in hotness (chilli bit heat) between the different ships. The Pacific Jewel one was full of Chilli (oh I drank lots and lots of water) whereas the PAcific Pearl one was quite mild. They were all lovely though :) (I can handle a little chilli ;)).

Archived