Power Sockets Norwegian Jade

Stompie

icon5.gif

First of all.

I appologise if this question has been raised & answered before.

:confused:

Being from SA, our electrical components seems to differ in certain ways as opose to some other Countries?

Can someone perhaps inform me on the "type" of wall-sockets etc. that is being used on the Jade?

Don`t want 2 be caught off-guard when capturing some magic moments, ya know!

Much obliged.

:) Paul

• 6 years later...

Does anyone know what kind of electric converter we need for the Norwegian Jade. We have seen photos of both two pin, and and a two pin with a circular pin also.:confused::confused::confused:

Does anyone know what kind of electric converter we need for the Norwegian Jade. We have seen photos of both two pin, and and a two pin with a circular pin also.:confused::confused::confused:

The 3 hole outlet will accomodate the standard 2 prong plug. Either kind will work.

This outlet will accept

power-outlet.jpg

Will accommodate both both the 3 prong and the 2 prong plug. So go with whatever adapter you can find for your type of plug.

312487462_072.jpg

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Hi again, forgot to say, we are sailing this summer, it's our first cruise. :D:ship:

Welcome to cruise critic! :)

If you're considering becoming a world traveller, I'd get a power adapter for international travel (use this phrase to find the best options). It has all the different settings in one compact device. I've had mine for a quite a few years and love it, makes it very easy for charging whatever needs doing.

Hope this helps.

Hi we just got back from a Transatlantic on the Jade (review to follow) and our Oceanview cabin had 5 American sockets 1 European socket and 3 USB sockets.

If you are charging things with a USB cable you don't need a converter at all. If you have things with a 3 pin UK plug I suggest you get a UK to Europe adapter as the power will be the same (240v). If you have things with a UK plug which say something like "input 110-240" then they will work with a UK to US adapter in the US Sockets.

You might as well get one of each as this will not be your last cruise .... trust me on this!

Since most of this revived old thread is from 2011, I thought I'd just mention that with the 2017 refurbishment, they added USB charger ports, including in the bed reading lamps.

Here's a shot of the new outlets on the little table by the balcony door. There are others in the room too.

IMG_20180423_144509071-L.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you so much to everyone who has replied. I have never been on a forum before and this instant response is brill.

The photos are great and reassuring that we have been looking at the correct ones.

So excited now. Just need to decide how much to pack. I know NCL is casual, but how casual is casual ?

Thank you so much to everyone who has replied. I have never been on a forum before and this instant response is brill.

The photos are great and reassuring that we have been looking at the correct ones.

So excited now. Just need to decide how much to pack. I know NCL is casual, but how casual is casual ?

The dressiest gentlemen need to be for the more formal dining room and the French restaurant is chino trousers and a golf shirt. Ladies can wear capris or slacks NO Gowns or cocktail dresses needed!! Leave the tie and jacket at home too.

I've yet to cruise with this but expect it to come in very handy. NO surge protection. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078M32R41/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One piece - 2" x 2" x 2.5" with 4 USB outlets

I think I'll be able to squeeze it in.

Has anyone tried any of the viator hop on hop off bus tours ?

Viator is a tour broker (middleman) there is no need to book through them as they use the same tour companies that you can book yourself. You can get to and HOHO bus buy a ticket and ride all day without them Viator putting in their extra fee.

Since most of this revived old thread is from 2011, I thought I'd just mention that with the 2017 refurbishment, they added USB charger ports, including in the bed reading lamps.

Here's a shot of the new outlets on the little table by the balcony door. There are others in the room too.

This is extremely useful! Thanks so much for posting .

Are there plugs like this beside the bed in the balcony cabins on Jade? I’ll be travelling with my CPAP for the first time in a few weeks and am trying to figure out if I’ll need to bring an extension cord.

• Like 1