Experiment on Princess drinks!

BoPippy

One night on the Emerald we had free drinks with a Captain cocktail party....rum,vodka,etc,etc.

I thought i would do an experiment since many people had said the drinks r watered down.

In a period of an hour and a half,i had 4 beer that i paid for before the event and purposely drank 7 different drinks in less than an hour,as fast as i could to see if the stories everyone was saying r true or not!...yuk!Fruit juice totally.The lady walking around was pleased to get rid of them!haha.

My DW said i would get drunk and not be able to get up from the table and go for supper......

Got up ,walked away and had supper...not the slightest buzz...just felt crappy from all the fruit juices.

So,to everyone that always said they r watered down,they r correct...actually more than watered down...i don't believe there was any alcohol in them at all!!!

Result...stick with beer!:)

If you take a drink off their trays, then your experiment is probably correct. I order a double rum and coke (the times we actually go, as we rarely attend these functions anymore), and have never had a problem one. In fact, I am not a big drinker and one or two are more than I need. I can not imagine someone gulping (I only say gulping, as they would have to be gulped to finish them all the quickly) down 7 drinks in an hour at the Captain's Party. I am sure that was a pretty sight, and those sitting next to you were probably rolling their eyes in disgust. :eek:

One night on the Emerald we had free drinks with a Captain cocktail party....rum,vodka,etc,etc.

I thought i would do an experiment since many people had said the drinks r watered down.

In a period of an hour and a half,i had 4 beer that i paid for before the event and purposely drank 7 different drinks in less than an hour,as fast as i could to see if the stories everyone was saying r true or not!...yuk!Fruit juice totally.The lady walking around was pleased to get rid of them!haha.

My DW said i would get drunk and not be able to get up from the table and go for supper......

Got up ,walked away and had supper...not the slightest buzz...just felt crappy from all the fruit juices.

So,to everyone that always said they r watered down,they r correct...actually more than watered down...i don't believe there was any alcohol in them at all!!!

Can't say that about the cocktail party on the Crown T/A last week. The drinks were quite strong. Maybe they ran out of water!

yes, but its a cheap wine

Well, actually it's free wine so you're getting what you pay for! I go to these parties because I find the huge variations in numbers of past passengers (and their days cruised) on different cruises quite interesting; I sit at the bar with a book (I cruise solo), have two or three glasses of wine, and enjoy the spectacle - my major hobby is theatrical costuming and I do find some people's idea of what formal wear suits them to be quite extraordinary.

The wine brings to mind the old saying 'this booze is awful, I'll be glad when I've had enough' ....

Or maybe you've built up a tolerance that few have

A $2 tip to one of the waiters will have you the drink of your choice from the bar and the waiter always looking to see when you need a refill. ;)

Works for us, every time.

If you take a drink off their trays, then your experiment is probably correct. I order a double rum and coke (the times we actually go, as we rarely attend these functions anymore), and have never had a problem one. In fact, I am not a big drinker and one or two are more than I need. I can not imagine someone gulping (I only say gulping, as they would have to be gulped to finish them all the quickly) down 7 drinks in an hour at the Captain's Party. I am sure that was a pretty sight, and those sitting next to you were probably rolling their eyes in disgust. :eek:

Actually a very older couple from New York that just kept talking and talking and he did not know anything was going on,(maybe alzehimers?)he just went on and on about anything and everything he could think of to complain about!!!Yes,gulping to see if all the hooplaw was true or not! and the old guy kept eating canapa after canape and his DW was concerned he would ruin his supper...so funny.:)

:)

Wouldn't it have been better to just taste the drink for alcohol

and then spit into a bucket, like wine tasting?

Or, taste the drink and ask the server to bring you a stronger one?

I mean, you did see a server seven times...

Our self appointed sommelier of cocktails could also have brought along a miniature bottle from his room to add to the first cocktail with satisfactory results.

Could never imagine anyone doing that:rolleyes:

I would say you are still suffering the effects due to your lack of typing complete words.

Archived