Where to stay by Houston Hobby airport

lbfluffy

We are arriving late the day before our ship sails. I was wondering what you would suggest for an inexpensive hotel/motel by the airport that will shuttle us from the airport to the hotel. I am still looking at the transportation to the ship as well for the day we sail.

Thanks

As mentioned above, the area around Hobby isn't that nice. You might want to consider going just a few miles south to the Clear Lake or Webster areas. Much nicer area with plenty of nice hotels and restaurants.

Can't help with the exact place to stay near Hobby (as mentioned - the neighborhood is "iffy"), probably any of the "name" brands are OK. I'd pick one with a shuttle to and from the airport, the next day have them take you back to the airport and then take the ship's transportation from the airport to Galveston.

We are arriving late the day before our ship sails. I was wondering what you would suggest for an inexpensive hotel/motel by the airport that will shuttle us from the airport to the hotel. I am still looking at the transportation to the ship as well for the day we sail.

Thanks

Our First Cruise was out of Galveston. We flew into the Houston Hobby Airport and stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/houhh-houston-marriott-south-at-hobby-airport/).

They had a shuttle to and from the airport. We flew in the day before as well, they picked us up and the morning of the cruise they brought us back to the airport and we caught the shuttle we purchased through Carnival. Was very easy.

The hotel was pretty nice and the room was like $80.00 and the shuttle to and from Galveston was like $60pp round trip.

Thank you. I read somewhere the spring hill suites will shuttle us down to port and back. We book a room and includes transportation to Galveston. I think it is $169 for two.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. There's also a Holiday Inn right across from Hobby. We stayed there for a retreat weekend one time and I was very surprised at the quality of the hotel. They have a full service restaurant also and it was very quiet! You could also try the Super Shuttle for transportation to Galveston, but if the other deal sounds pretty good. Make sure that they have 24 hour pick up from the airport. I ran into that problem in FLorida one time. They only picked up until 11 p.m. at the airport!

Thank you. I read somewhere the spring hill suites will shuttle us down to port and back. We book a room and includes transportation to Galveston. I think it is $169 for two.

We are also a group of 6 arriving to Hobby late in the evening from Spain. Did you book online?

• 2 weeks later...
We are also a group of 6 arriving to Hobby late in the evening from Spain. Did you book online?

You should be able to get a limo for 6 easily and splitup cost for a reasonable amount.

• 5 weeks later...
Our First Cruise was out of Galveston. We flew into the Houston Hobby Airport and stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/houhh-houston-marriott-south-at-hobby-airport/).

They had a shuttle to and from the airport. We flew in the day before as well, they picked us up and the morning of the cruise they brought us back to the airport and we caught the shuttle we purchased through Carnival. Was very easy.

The hotel was pretty nice and the room was like $80.00 and the shuttle to and from Galveston was like $60pp round trip.

We are going on RCCL and they said they will not sell me the transfers since we don't have a flight coming in the morning. They said we could go to the rep and see if they can get us on, but we wouldn't be able to get a confirmation.

• 1 month later...

Thanks

We just stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport which had a "Cruise and Stay" package that included transportation to/from the Pier in Galveston for just under $200. You can also park your car there for up to 10 nights if needed. The hotel is very close to the airport with a free shuttle.

There isn't much around the hotel but we felt safe. The hotel was clean. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The shuttle driver was excellent. We were a little nervous about the pick up but he was there at the pre-arranged time/location.

We had looked around and this was, by far, the most reasonable deal for us.

• 2 weeks later...
We just stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport which had a "Cruise and Stay" package that included transportation to/from the Pier in Galveston for just under $200. You can also park your car there for up to 10 nights if needed. The hotel is very close to the airport with a free shuttle.

There isn't much around the hotel but we felt safe. The hotel was clean. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The shuttle driver was excellent. We were a little nervous about the pick up but he was there at the pre-arranged time/location.

We had looked around and this was, by far, the most reasonable deal for us.

This sounds like a good deal. Do I understand correctly that they also picked you up at the end to the cruise and took you back to the airport? If so, did you pre-arrange a pick up time from the pier?

• 2 weeks later...
This sounds like a good deal. Do I understand correctly that they also picked you up at the end to the cruise and took you back to the airport? If so, did you pre-arrange a pick up time from the pier?

We stayed at this same hotel. The rate includes shuttle to/from the cruise port. We pre-arranged the date/time for the return with the driver and he was there as agreed upon. He took us back to the hotel but would have dropped us off at the airport had we requested it.

This isn't right near the airport, so it's not exactly what the OP is asking, but I thought this was a great rate:

I made a reservation at the Town Place Suites in Clear Lake (south of the airport). I got a two bedroom suite for $89 per night (AAA rate), which I thought was a steal. The unit includes two bedrooms with queen sized beds and a sleeper sofa in the living room. Also it includes a kitchenette. It's near the NASA space center, an amusement park and a supermarket. The Supershuttle rate for a family of four from Hobby to this hotel is $60 total. I haven't yet gotten a price quote for the fare from the hotel to the cruise port. Town Place Suites are part of the Marriott family of hotels.

I think the rates for single rooms are around $69/night. The hotel got mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, but for that rate I'm willing to take a chance.

Archived