??dumb question ???

postman999

Vacations, for us, are a time to reconnect with each and with our family if we are traveling with them. Dinner is an excellant time for conversation to catch up on what is going on in our lives. We prefer to do it together rather than with a bunch of people we do not know. We do not cruise to socialize and connect with strangers. That, quite frankly, is awkward and uncomfortable for us and not something we want to do on vacations. On vacactions we want to do is relax, reconnect with each other, and have family fun. It is this family together time that is most precious to me on a vacation... We currently always ask for a 4 top since we always cruise with the kids, but I am positive that once the kids have moved on, DH and I will be asking for a 2 top too. We are prefer each others company over spending time with people we don't know. That's just the way we are.

Diddo. DW and I both work 60+ workweeks, when we are on vacation we are there to spend time together, not meet random people.

We HATE a 2-top...maybe it's because we eat 99% of our meals together all the time....we ENJOY having others to talk to! If we want to be all alone, we have 22 hours per day to do that...at dinner, company is great! It sure makes dinner more than just a time to feed your face....it becomes a social occassion!

We spend 99% of our meals together all the time too at home........we also enjoy spending 100% of our meals together on vacation......and never run out of conversation with my best friend.......we must be odd:p

It's easier to ask John than to have to go see the maitre d and depending on when you get to the maitre d they might not be able to accommodate your request.

It's also easier for the maitre d to have the requests ahead of time.

Carnival should ask table size preference in the booking process...

Easier? LOL! Not real hard. Thank goodness for anytime.

We will be going on our first cruise for our honeymoon, so we would like a table for 2 for at least one night, we wouldn't mind sharing for the rest of them.

You will be assigned a dining table and time at the beginning of the cruise and if you are seated at a big table you can't just ask for a table for 2 one evening unless you are confirmed for Your Time Dining.

As soon as you get on the ship you go to your assigned dining room and look for your table number (that information will be on your S&S card). If it's not a table for 2, then you can go see the Maitre' D on embarkation around 1:30 and request a table for 2.

Or if you want to guarantee a table for 2 for just one night make reservations at the Steakhouse. It's an extra charge of $30 per person but well worth it.

We spend 99% of our meals together all the time too at home........we also enjoy spending 100% of our meals together on vacation......and never run out of conversation with my best friend.......we must be odd:p.

Not so odd...we enjoy that time together too. DH is my best friend and we can always find something to talk about. It is a lot easier for us to talk to each other than it is to try to make conversation with someone we don't know.

and we choose early dining- were assigned to a table for 10 both times. All the couples were around our age; last cruise one woman, who was with her 30 something son, switched after the first night because they were with a larger group and had to get their group rearranged to be together. A different couple got their places the rest of the week and we really enjoyed visiting with all of them.

As long as we don't get stuck in a booth(we both hate them because they are always TOOO tight), I'm ok with anything else. We'll see what we get next time on the Freedom.

I have a quick question we are going on the Conquest on October 16 2011. we have a group of 12 going do they seat that many at one table or will they most likely break us up since it is such a big group.

We like both, eating alone to get to talk and just be together. But also to be at a table with others, to share, ... I like when everyone is talking and sharing what they did for the day, and if very friendly sharing the different types of foods, Family style would be great, but that is another story.

Archived