Oceania Air

San Bar

We are contemplating a cruise in Oct 2011 from Istanbul to Barcelona. Can anyone tell me of their experience using Oceania's air? Our TA has suggested getting our own air opposed to Oceania's. Thanks.

Last month we used Oceania's air from Seattle to Barcelona and then from Rome home to Seattle. We asked to arrive in Barcelona two days early and then stay in Rome three days after the cruise ended.

Our departure times were exactly what we asked for, and we had the seats we wanted. There was a bit of a long layover in Newark on the way over, but as it turned out, we left Seattle late (due to "security issues in Newark"), so we needed just about all of that time to make our flight overseas.

I checked with the airlines, and it would have cost us more to book the flights ourselves than it cost as part of the Oceania package.

We're booked on another Oceania cruise next year, and we'll use Oceania's air then, as well. We will not use the transfers, as it's so much cheaper to get transportation to and from the airports on your own.

I agree with Suzan about doing your own transfers!

Most of the time we have done our own air, especially in earlier years when we could easily find a better fare on our own. And we tend to go in early and return late, so often doing our own air is more convenient.

But we have used O's air 2-3 times (with a deviation) and it was just fine. Of course, it's a little easier for us than for many others because we leave from NYC so we don't have to worry about flying to another city in order to catch a flight to Europe.

We are on the Marina out of Dover in July. Through our TA ,we requested 3 alternatives arriving a day early and departing a day late. They approved our first choice, which was a nonstop from San Diego to London. It is well worth the $200 deviation fee.

We are thinking about the 2012 Hong Kong to Athens (35 days). Can anyone advise what the air credit would be if we do our own air. We would do a PH2 cabin.

Also, I tried calling Oceania (three different numbers PLUS their web link to call me) and each time I was on hold for 20+ minutes.

This would be our first cruise with Oceania.

Are they open today?

We are thinking about the 2012 Hong Kong to Athens (35 days). Can anyone advise what the air credit would be if we do our own air. We would do a PH2 cabin.

Also, I tried calling Oceania (three different numbers PLUS their web link to call me) and each time I was on hold for 20+ minutes.

Are they open today?

The air credit varies by the cruise

You can go to the website & do a booking from there

if you want to compare just go as far with the booking till they ask for your payment then cancel the process

Do one with air & one without that should give an idea

Guess they must be doing some good sales if you cannot get through;)

Your TA maybe able to get a faster answer

Lyn

Are they open today?

The amount of credit varies with the cruise. You have to get a quote from O. I almost always go through my TA for that question.

I have only called O a couple of times (never had to wait like that - WOW 60+ minutes! You are far more patient than I am) and not had to wait more than a minute or two at most. Perhaps just lucky. Anyway when I did try to speak with them re: a money type issue they preferred I speak with my TA in any case.

Archived