cabin sale

emily rose

Does celebrity have a sale on their cabins at a certain time of year. Rci has wow sale in fall for example. I looking at booking the panama canel for spring 2012. THIS WILL BE MY FIRST CELEBRITY CRUISE.

Not sure which date you're looking at, but we booked the Apr 25th 2012 Panama Canal out of Fort Lauderdale on the newly refurbished Infinity about three weeks ago. We wanted a balcony cabin (have a thing it seems about Vista Deck mid ship) and found that on this itinerary there weren't many balconies left to choose from. If you aren't particular about what type of cabin you want, or where, then you can afford to wait, otherwise I'd advise to put down a deposit sooner rather than later! Hope you join this cruise...nice to see more Canadians traveling together! Cathy

any ideas when best time to book a cruise

Depends on the cruise. If you book early, you get your pick of cabins and you can get price drops until final payment. If you wait till after final payment, you might get a better price (or you might not) and you are left with the remaining cabins. Pick your poison!

If you're sure you want to be on that exact cruise then the best thing to do is pick a cabin and price that you're comfortable with and keep monitoring it up until final payment is due. Once you hit final payment, if you're happy with the price, then make the payment and stop watching prices. It may go up or may go down after final payment. The key thing is to ensure you're happy with what you get for what you paid. if you're not happy at the offered prices, and you're OK with running the risk of not taking the cruise, then you can try to hold out and see if a Tuesday special or other price drop comes up. But there is a lot of risk in that approach. You have to be prepared to not take the cruise at all and even to miss out on your preferred cabins. There can be a price premium to being able to make solid plans, but it can be worth it.

For example, I've booked a W. Caribbean cruise in Jan well in advance to ensure I was on the cruise and with a cabin I wanted. But I've also been watching this summer's Med cruises and next Tuesday will jump on the Solstice Venice 12-night in July since the price is great for what I want and I was able to find good last minute airfare. That may not always happen though, and I was fully prepared to not make it to the Med this summer if things didn't line up.

John73 has good advice above. The bottom line is that cabins go on "sale" (discounted) if they are not selling well. If they are selling well the price will go up and not down and the selection will get worse. It is all about supply and demand.

I agree with him that if you want a particular cabin on a particular cruise then book it now.

emilyrose- Join the Captain's Club if you are an RCI C&A member and get a number asigned to you. Then you will be eligible for the current Captain's Club sale prices that are for $'s off all cabin catagories and lenghts of cruise. I have never sailed X but joined the Captain's Club a few months ago on my RCI Diamond+ status. I am going to get $400 off the price of a Sky Suite for a 7 night cruise on Silhoutte which I will be booking next week. This sale is good until July 29.

Archived