Miami hotels that offer free parking/shuttle to cruiseports?

suzisgirl

It's been a few years since DH and I have cruised out of Miami- are there any hotels that offer free parking and a shuttle to the Port of Miami- or even hotels that have a cruise package add-on for a reasonable fee?

Only hotels out near MIA airport will offer free parking - downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day for parking on top of the room rate. :eek:

One budget hotel near MIA, La Quinta East offers a cruise package that includes free parking and free shuttle to POM; several other airport area hotels (Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, Homewood Suites) offer free parking and shuttles to POM for only $10 per person - a taxi back to your car from POM will run under $30 including the tip.

Good luck!

Check the downtown Hilton. They often have a package that includes what you are looking for. Look under "specials" on their website.

"From $259" for one night, breakfast and parking while cruising. Not much of a deal, and it doesn't even include transportation to the port or from the airport.

"From $259" for one night, breakfast and parking while cruising. Not much of a deal, and it doesn't even include transportation to the port or from the airport.

Actually I found a rate there at $229.00 and it does cover parking for 10 days.

There are some other promotional rates that cover transfers and someone should just call the hotel directly to see what other options were there.

In the end, the OP should call a bunch of hotels and find the one that works best for them.

No, not cheap. But if your alternative is paying to park at the port it just might work out to be about the same cost.

No, not cheap. But if your alternative is paying to park at the port it just might work out to be about the same cost.

Then why not select your hotel of choice and then park at the port, where you can begin the trip home without delay.

Then why not select your hotel of choice and then park at the port, where you can begin the trip home without delay.

I agree with you. So many people seem almost "afraid" to park at the Ports. I see this time and time again here on this board: looking for a cheap place to sleep for one night that offers free parking. Why? Would you really want to park at a cheap motel in a possible bad area just to try and save a few bucks? Be thrifty in other areas to save that money, and park at the Port and have your vehicle as soon as you disembark... no shuttle or taxi to go and get your car.

Obviously, JMHO. :)

You misunderstood me. For myself I either park at the port or fly. I was only responding to the poster who asked about a hotel with a parking package.

Archived