Carnival pins?

mared1

Another seller on eBay has a counterfeit pin pictured in the ad. The seller is tick_talk and the item number is 320751109859. It appears seller is trying to unload a pin he/she got from cruisetrend. The ad states the pin is 'authentic'.

Another seller on eBay has a counterfeit pin pictured in the ad. The seller is tick_talk and the item number is 320751109859. It appears seller is trying to unload a pin he/she got from cruisetrend. The ad states the pin is 'authentic'.

Just out of curiosity, how can you tell that this pin is a fake? What do you look for that differs from a real Carnival-issued pin? Just want to make sure that I don't purchase any fakes!

:cool:Bill

Just out of curiosity, how can you tell that this pin is a fake? What do you look for that differs from a real Carnival-issued pin? Just want to make sure that I don't purchase any fakes!

:cool:Bill

On the 'new' bogus pins I found a lot of differences from the 'old' or genuine pins.

1, old pin is magnetic, new pin is not. New pin is plastic.

2, Surface of the back of new pin smooth and reflective.

3, The post for the clamp on back is attached different. Old one is soldered. New one??? Maybe molded in.

4. The gold outline and edging of the new pin is a lot wider. Therefore where the 3 colors meet near the top and just above the Carnival Ship Name are different.

5. Protrusion on the right side (air inlet?) is different. Higher on new pins.

6. The fillet below the protrusion is different

7. The protrusion on the left side, in the blue area, is more pointed in the old pin. More rounded in the new pins.

8. Lettering appears to be same font but on new pins the letters are very flat and very smooth.

If you look closely at both pins and compare, the differences can be seen.

Jim

I've still been checking Ebay every couple of days looking for a Carnival Festivale pin and just came across this one. The person selling this pin is the one who unknowingly purchased the fake Festivale pin from cruisetrend a few weeks ago. This seller had this same "fake" pin listed about a week ago, with no luck selling it. It's been listed again but the description clearly states that it's "not an original from Carnival". I've attached the link to the Ebay auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carnival-Cruise-Line-Pin-Festivale-NOT-ORIGINAL-PIN-/200650712400?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb7b6e550

I cannot believe they are still allowing that person to sell pins when they've been notified by so many of us that they are fake. So much for their "policy" of not allowing fakes to be sold on their website. Guess it's just easier to take everyone's money.

What's next? Fake Louis?:mad:

Yes, I noticed that "cruisetrend" still has several of the fake pins for sale on Ebay. With all of the complaints that were filed, I'm surprised he/she still has them listed.

This Festivale (fake) is not for sale by cruisetrend - it's actually listed by the unfortunate person who bought it from cruisetrend. At least this seller has in the description that it is "not an original", so he/she is doing nothing wrong - they are just trying to get rid of it. I'm curious to see how many times this same Festivale pin shows up for auction on Ebay.

I'm sure there are a lot of "fakes" being sold on Ebay, not just cruise pins.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

JR out some smiles on mine and my wifes faces:D

im still looking for a Paradise Pin and of coarse like JR a "Platinum" pin.

I know you've been looking for a "Platinum" pin and don't know if anyone on here was able to get one for you yet or not, but I noticed one out there on Ebay this morning. I don't know if this seller is reputable or not, but the pin looks pretty authentic to me and the seller does have a 100% positive rating. The same seller also has a Platinum return guest beverage cooler listed for sale. Here is the link to the Platinum pin if you are interested. I don't know if it's worth $10.00 or not though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARNIVAL-CRUISE-PLATINUM-GUEST-PIN-/250890701207?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6a404997

Edited by pghsteelerfan

yeah its already got bids on it. 10 bucks I would pay but I wouldnt pay any more then that....and with shipping its already more then that and it has a week left still.

Yes, that's how ebay sellers get around having to pay a percentage on their sale price. They put most of it in the shipping. $9.95 to ship and then they ship it for $1.30. That way they have already jacked the price up. I don't really like that angle and kind of shy away from it.

hold the camera still, lots of background light....and NO FLASH.

On another note...who the heck is crazy enough to be bidding that high already on the Platinum pin? Still has days left too! I wouldnt have paid more then 10 bucks for it! Crazy people! :eek:

Thanks and people really want there pin! lol

The negatives and comments were removed from cruisetrend's eBay seller feedback score. I guess eBay thinks it's OK to send misrepersented items postage due. I sell on eBay also. I unfairly received a negative for an item that was genuine and buyer said wasn't. Ebay won't remove this negative. Figures.