Vancouver Hockey Playoffs

Sally Forth

There was an article in the paper today about how the hockey playoffs affect downtown restaurants. I think this could be an advantage for cruisers in town during the playoffs who might want a fine dining experience. The higher end restaurants will be quite empty and reservations will be easier to make. The pub-type places (anything with a TV screen) will be packed and after each game, the downtown area will be quite raucous and busy, even for Away games. To meet the Eastern TV prime time, games go from 5 to about 8 pm Vancouver time for both home and away.

Wednesday, June 1 Home

Saturday, June 4 Home

Monday, June 6th Away

Wednesday, June 8th Away

Likely Vancouver will win the cup after game 4, but in the unlikely event that further games are required:

Friday, June 10, Home

Monday, June 13th Away

Wednesday, June 15th, Home

Viv

You are an optimist in picking it in 4 games - I figure 5 or maybe 6 - Boston is a defensive and cheap shot hitting club - these are the types of clubs that the free wheeling Canucks offensive fowards and defense men have the most trouble with - while Thomas in goal for Boston had a great regular season his stats in the playoffs aren`t as good as Luongo.

Perhaps we should start listing who we think will score the winning goal and bring the Cup back to its rightful home in Canada.

GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Cheers

Dennis

I for one am very excited to be able to be in Vancouver following their Stanley Cup win!!

Canucks fans have been waiting a long time and it will be fun to see the after math celebration!

And we will be equally excited to have you come to visit.:)

As a Vancouverite and a rabid Canucks fan, I hope they win it too. I am going on the Celebrity Century to Alaska on June 12th, so am hoping they'll show the game(s) on the ship if the series goes to game 6 or 7.

The energy in Vancouver will be amazing and for those who are visiting Vancouver during this time, try to take it in if you can, or as someone earlier mentioned, it's a good time to enjoy fine dining as those restaurants will be empty and I'm sure you'll get great service.

Enjoy!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!:D

We fly into Vancouver on Saturday, and I'm kind of anxious to see the city abuzz about the playoffs, especially now with one win under their belt.

My only concern is will I see the playoffs while on the ship? Games 2-5 are all played while we're on the cruise. I'm hoping in the cabin at least but on MUTS would be even better. Anyone have any feedback about the playoffs on MUTS?

There on Saturday!!! Make your way down to the CBC building (near Rogers Arena). They have big screens set up

As for me.... Im goin to game #2 woooohooooo

go nucks go

It's the Olympic Spirit all over again... The City is definitely on a high.

I've heard a few grunts because of the 5pm start time of the games so many people have taken time off. I like it as it makes my commute home much better and I only miss the first couple of minutes of the game!

Should be lively in the downtown core tomorrow night.

Just turned the game 2 on, see it's in OT. How exciting! If you're in Vancouver and are willing to spend the money on a ticket to a game, go! There is nothing in the world like a Stanley Cup game live and in person.

Some thoughts from tonight`s game.

What a celebration in downtown - reliving the Olympic moments - huge well behaved crowds - probably in excess of 50, 000 in about a 5 block area - lots of high fiving and yes the police officers were doing the high fiving as well. I am two blocks from the upper end of the Entertainment Zone and you knew when Vancouver scored because the roar was deafening and someone was also letting off firecrackers.

As I was working my way through the crowd I came across a group of cruisers who had gotten off of the Coral Princess and who were staying at the Comfort Inn which is smack in the middle of ground zero for hockey celebrations - they were taking in all the excitement happening on the street and said they doubted that such a celebration would take place in St Louis - it is a warm evening and they were gonna walk along and take in the action. They had no way of knowing when they booked there room through Princess six months ago that they would be in the midst of such celebrations.

The noise is starting to die down - there were lots of families and kids so they are likely to be making there way home - police had to block off extra streets to traffic because of the size of the crowd - any place that had a TV and sold refreshments was jammed packed.

Cheers

Dennis

Great scene in downtown Vancouver last night.

I was near Canada Place (cruise ship terminal) just as the game was about to get started. They were showing the game on the video board at Canada Place. You should have seen and heard the thousands of Canuck fans standing and singing O Canada.

At the pub/restaurant where I watched the game we all stood and sang it also.

If any of you are in town for the next game on Monday - the Olympic Cauldron is going to be lit at 3PM - dont know about the remaining away games but I think that it probably will be.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Urban Trekker. We're in the Vancouver suburbs and I can tell you the excitement last night was electric too. People were waving Canucks flags and driving up & down the street honking after the win.

What a great game and an amazing winning goal by Alex Burrows.

For those who will be in Vancouver this week before any cruises leaving this weekend, do take in all the excitement for the remaining games. It will be such fun. And the weather is supposed to be great all week too!

Enjoy Vancouver!

Archived