London to Normandy???

cluelyss18

Hello!! A friend of mine is going to London in March of 2012 for 5 days. They are then looking for a tour guide or group that will assist them in going from London to Normandy or that nearby area for a few nights to tour that area before returning to London for the flight home.

Anyone know of a travel guide or company that would be a great help? They are also not looking for a big mega bus, but rather a small group tour...there are 7 people in their group.

Thanks for any help..

Hello!! A friend of mine is going to London in March of 2012 for 5 days. They are then looking for a tour guide or group that will assist them in going from London to Normandy or that nearby area for a few nights to tour that area before returning to London for the flight home.

Anyone know of a travel guide or company that would be a great help? They are also not looking for a big mega bus, but rather a small group tour...there are 7 people in their group.

Thanks for any help..

Honestly of all the things to do as a side trip to london, Normandy would not be the first on my list simply because of the huge waste of time - better to go to the English countryside and go to Normandy when visiting France.

It really is not that difficult to travel on your own in Europe.

If they really want to go they could save big bucks by going on the ferry from portsmouth and hiring a car or even taking the eurostar to Paris and seeing that beautiful city and taking a 2 day guided tour from there.

I agree with the suggestion to see Paris and then Normandy from there. The Eurostar will get you to Paris (and back) quickly, spend a day or a lifetime visiting Paris and then book a tour to Normandy from Paris. Viator (vaitor.com) has several tours from Paris to the beaches and grave sites of Normandy

Cheers

Normandy is easily do-able on your own from London. I'd probably get the train from London to Portsmouth http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/ then Brittany ferries to Caen. http://www.brittanyferries.com/

Caen would be a great base and your friends could organise tours from there.

The other option would be Eurostar London to Paris then train from Paris to Rouen / le Havre or Caen - www.raileurope.com

We love Normandy - lots of history and beautiful countryside and beaches

Archived