AFTER formal dinner question

It's about 50/50... We stay dressed until about 10 PM or so and then change to run about and have fun for the rest of the evening.

I suspect that more folks who do early dining stay dressed into the evening than do folks who dine late...

:)

There is no one size fits all answer for this question...

Some people stay dressed up all night, as they figure it's a unique occasion for them.

Other people change ASAP after dinner, as they are uncomfortable.

Still others do a small change after dinner (like men ditching their jackets, or women just changing to more comfortable shoes) and continue the evening like that.

You will see all three options in varying amounts depending on the particular ship, itinerary, and time of year (it always seems that more people dress up on the ships in October, November, and December), and on ships that have more people who just drive to the ship (LA, NY, etc.)

So, do what you would like to do, as you'll be fitting in with a certain portion of the crowd that night anyway.

Personally I think it's fun to see people in all various states of Formal, Elegant, and Casual all walking around the same ship in the evening.

It's like what you see on a NYC Subway in Manhattan on the weekends!

Soup to Nuts!:D

Personally I think it's fun to see people in all various states of Formal, Elegant, and Casual all walking around the same ship in the evening.

It's like what you see on a NYC Subway in Manhattan on the weekends!

Including the crazy people from the subway? :eek:

We stay dressed most of the nights. It is just so different than the every night thing in my house; carpools, practices, and the thousands of things that we have to do around the house. We find a great place to sit and people watch. Later at night it is off to the different bars to check things out.

I stayed dressed up after dinner - I rarely have the opportunity at home to do so, so it's enjoyable on a cruise. I like looking glamorous while watching a show or going for a stroll - makes me feel good about myself. However, my fiance is very different. He can't wait to race back to the cabin after dinner to change back into casual clothes. Dressing up is so not meant for him at all, even though he always looks handsome.

I change my shoes, DH takes off the jacket. But after dinner we usually pose for a few pics and then do the swap to comforable. I am not uncomfortable in a dress, wear them every day, but heels? Those I rarely wear.:)

Archived