RCI Adventure of the Seas transatlantic November 3, 2012 (Spain to Puerto Rico)

LtDang

We have booked this great TA. A full 15 day adventure for a very low price. While we cross the Atlantic we won't have any depressed feelings since we will have three more ports to visit in the Caribbean. This is going to be a great one!

ports:

Malaga,Spain

Funchal, Madeira

Arreciaf, Lanzarote

Las Palmas, Grand Canaria

Santa Cruz, Tenerife

St. John's, Antiqua

Phillispburg, St. Maarten

Charlotte Amelie, St.Thomas

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Who`s in? :-)

Hope to see you there!

Cabins are selling fast, book soon!

Dan

• 2 months later...

Hey Dan,

My wife and I will be on this ship with you for the 15 days!! We are so excited as it will be our 3rd cruise (might try and get in another one or two before then).

We are coming from Scotland (I am American and other half Scottish). Where are you from?

Guess we will see you soon.

Kathy and Amanda :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Dan,

My wife and I will be on this ship with you for the 15 days!! We are so excited as it will be our 3rd cruise (might try and get in another one or two before then).

We are coming from Scotland (I am American and other half Scottish). Where are you from?

Guess we will see you soon.

Kathy and Amanda :D

Hi Kathy and Amanda:

We are Dan and Richard from Canada. This cruise will be great. It has a great itinerary. Recently the prices have gone up, but a couple of months ago the cabins were cheap!

I am surprised that not more glbt folk haven`t signed up yet. It will be our longest cruise. We have done quite a few in the last few years.

We looking forward to meeting you!

Dan

• 1 month later...

We just pulled the trigger on this TA which was chosen based on the fact that it ends with stops at fun and warm places in the Caribbean. Will also be a fun way to celebrate my partners 41st birthday as well.

Cheers!

Rob and Karl (USA)

Wow the prices on this cruise have now doubled since we booked. I am guessing that means not too many cabins left. I guess we`ll see how many FOD will be on. Usually there are about double the amount of couples on the cruise compared to those who chat here. So that means 6 couples in total? :-(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Bumping this thread.

We got three couples registered here, and another 4 couples from Europe registered in the straight roll call.

This will be a great Transatlantic. 15 nights with 4 ports before the crossing and 3 ports after the crossing.

Prices were really low to begin with, but now very high.

There are still plenty of rooms available. The prices should go back down after final payment which is in August.

Adventure of the Seas, November 3rd 2012 - 15 nights

Malagua, Spain

Funchal, Madeira

Lanzorote Canary Islands

Grand Canaria, Canary Islands

Tenneriffe, Canary Islands

Antigua, Caribbean

St-Maarten, Caribbean

St-Thomas, Caribbean

San Juan, Puerto Rico

• 1 month later...

Hello...

This is Walter (partner of Iain) and I had already registered us on the str8 roll call some weeks ago. I figured I would come over here to see who may have crossed over and registered here as well.

This message is short since I am on my iPhone. Chat more soon.

Walter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello...

This is Walter (partner of Iain) and I had already registered us on the str8 roll call some weeks ago. I figured I would come over here to see who may have crossed over and registered here as well.

Walter

I too on iPhone!!

Thanks for popping by. Yes looks like most have joined the regular forum instead of here. I am guessing, just a guess, that many are europeans and there is less segregation on that side of the ocean! Looks like we will be a fairly large group anyway !!

I too on iPhone!!

Thanks for popping by. Yes looks like most have joined the regular forum instead of here. I am guessing, just a guess, that many are europeans and there is less segregation on that side of the ocean! Looks like we will be a fairly large group anyway !!

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the welcome here. FYI... my partner is Canadian. Where in Canada do you and your partner live?

Walter

Hello...

Walter

Hi Walter partner of Iain! and welcome!

I just got my November vacation approved at work and ltdang got a verbal okay, so we are looking at flights this weekend to Malaga. So many different choices and prices. We are planning to arrive on the Monday before so we can check out the area before the cruise.

We'll keep you posted once we book something!

Hi Walter partner of Iain! and welcome!

I just got my November vacation approved at work and ltdang got a verbal okay, so we are looking at flights this weekend to Malaga. So many different choices and prices. We are planning to arrive on the Monday before so we can check out the area before the cruise.

We'll keep you posted once we book something!

Hello and nice to meet you... My partner Iain lives in Toronto. He and I will meet at JFK on 01-Nov to check in for our flight to Malaga on Aer Lingus. It is a 18:40 departure, touchdown in Dublin for a 2 hour layover, then on to Malaga arriving at 11:35 on 02-Nov. I really wanted a few more days to explore the area, but my post cruise time off is pretty extensive.

The total, including tax, for 2 one-way tickets (JFK to Malaga) was $1130 USD. The ticket for Iain from Toronto to JFK earlier on 01-Nov was $210 USD (taxes included). These tickets were just booked in the past week or so. Good luck on your air fare plans.

Walter

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We are Steve and Steve and we are also on this great Trans-Atlantic cruise. Sorry it took so long for us to post on this board. We've been on the regular roll call and finally checked to see if there was a roll call here. We're from the Orlando Florida area. Oviedo, Florida to be exact.

Our flights are booked. We're flying into Madrid a few days before the cruise and then taking the train the day before the cruise from Madrid to Malaga. At the end of the cruise we're flying Jet Blue back from San Juan to Orlando.

Steve and Steve

With all the talk lately in the news and on the boards regarding the incident on an Atlantis cruise in Dominica, I decided to check our stops on this cruise for countries that homosexuality is illegal. All the stops are okay except one. Same Sex sexual acts are illegal in Antigua with a penalty of 5 years in prison, buggery is 15 years. It does not make me feel great to go to a country where the locals do not have any gay rights, however it's nearly impossible to be a cruiser/traveler these days and not have any stops in countries with laws like these, (Belize, Jamaica, Barbados, Grenada, St Kitts etc) although we try to avoid them. For example I am debating taking the excursion to Morocco and it's illegal there (3 years in jail). The traveler in me wants to go to Africa real bad! We go to the USA regularly and I hold my nose when my legally married husband and I have to go through U.S. Customs separately because of the Defense of Marriage act. But we do it because we want to travel.

Where do you draw the line? :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Boys - this is Eelko and Bernd from Amsterdam! We' ll be already te cruise before onboard, since that is a spanish gay charter cruise!!! So if you want some party before come and join us!!! Plenty of time to relax on the TA, love the seadays!!! Some of the guys from the charter stay also on the TA!!! See yo all there!

Hi guys... Are you saying the cruise before the AOS TA in November is a gay charter?? We will be arriving in Malaga on Monday October 29th. We plan on doing some touristy sightseeing during the week.

Hi guys... Are you saying the cruise before the AOS TA in November is a gay charter?? We will be arriving in Malaga on Monday October 29th. We plan on doing some touristy sightseeing during the week.

Ambientravel is offering this cruise. It's not exactly chartered, but booked as a group. I don't think I can post the link, because Cruise Critic doesn't allow links to other travel agencies. If you go to the Ambientravel website, just adding the dot com, you can see the cruise.

Steve

I guess you can post links to travel agencies.

Uuups, I added the link! Didnt know that it was not allowed.... Oh well, its lots of fun the cruise, we did all of them so far - indeed its not a full charter - which makes it even more interesting ;) all is in spanish so....

I must admit, it does sound like a lot of fun. Don't worry about posting the link. It may be allowed on roll calls. It'll be nice meeting everyone on the Trans Atlantic and hearing all about your previous cruise.

Steve

Hey Bernd, if you go to the sand dunes beach on your gay cruise, let us know how you got there...bus, cab... etc

We are planning to do this on the TA, want to know the best and fastest and safest way to get there and back... want to make sure to be back at the ship in time!! :-)

Last time we had a shuttle bus from Ambientravel to te Beach - but you can take a taxi or bus! Only the distance is like 30 min by direct bus... So I guess sharing a taxi or renting a car is the best option .... We go deffenetly as well - so lets share transportation! I will see if we can rent a car close to the port n LPA! It wont be expensive! the beach is lots of un :) especially the dunes!!! A must on a gay visit to Gran Canaria!!!

Archived