RCI Adventure of the Seas transatlantic November 3, 2012 (Spain to Puerto Rico)

LtDang

Hi Guys! We sailed with you both on Independence of the Seas TA in 2009! It will be nice to see you again! :D

Stephen, Kevin, David and I are taking the Celebrity Constellation 11/30/12 to 12/15/12 London to Miami. Check it out. It would be so much fun to be all together again. I will never forget the that cruise:):D;)

Hi!

Please! put 1 person more at list!!!

I'm Jordi, from Barcelona (spain) i'm 32y.o (33 at november:-)

if you need any information before, 6th octubre and 27th octubre I stay onbord too on the same Ship, for the Canary Islands & Maderia Cruise...

3 months!!!!

Hi!

Please! put 1 person more at list!!!

I'm Jordi, from Barcelona (spain) i'm 32y.o (33 at november:-)

if you need any information before, 6th octubre and 27th octubre I stay onbord too on the same Ship, for the Canary Islands & Maderia Cruise...

3 months!!!!

I will put you on the list tonight. It is good to have a Spanish speaking person in our group. May I suggest to all to download oovoo video conferencing for your computer. (oovoo.com) It is free and has good features for video conferencing with multiple people.

Also may I suggest getting voxer for smartphone. It is a free app and another way to have voice conferencing between all of us.

Dan (LtDang) & Dickie (Tricky Dickie) - Canada

Kathy & Amanda (kmolinx) - Scotland

Rob and Karl (Nado44) - United States

Walter & Iain (Vulcan1971) - Uniteds States & Canada

Steve & Steve (I_Fly) - United States

Eelko and Bernd (Cruiselovers21) Holland

Kris (Scotsguy31) - Scotland

Markus & Sascha (Germanboy86) - Germany

Thomas & Rob (thomom24) -Scotland

Anders & Anders (ruffe) - Sweden

Steve & Scott (steevsf) -United States

Jonathan & Randy (rfc_yvr) - Canada

Russell (Oliver2309) – Canada

Jordi (jac1979) - Spain

I have changed this excursion a little. Instead of being dropped off at the Maspalomas lighthouse, where it seems there is not much do to, I think it would be better to be dropped off at The Riu Palace hotel in Playa del Ingles. This location is a 25 minute walk through the sand dunes to the gay beach, or a 20 minute walk to the Playa Del Ingles beach plaza area, or 25 minute walk to the yumbo centrum. This dropoff location will allow people different options on activites!

Hi everyone!

Anyone interested in a day at Playa del Ingles or at the Maspalomas sand dunes/beaches. There is a gay/clothing optional beach there.

For your information, Maspalomas and Playa Del Ingles are resort cities about a fifty minute drive from our cruise port in Las Palmas. The area of Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas is a large gay destination for Europeans.

I have received a quote from a bus company in Las Palmas, Grand Canaria.

The quote is return transportation -

Las Palmas 8h15 to Playa del Ingles

Playa Del Ingles 14h45 to Las Palmas

140 euros for up to 13 people - 13 seats available on bus.

Please let me know if you want a spot on the bus.

LtDang,

I speack spanish! what do you need?

Hi, thanks for offering! As you might have seen in a earlier post, I am trying to organize a bus transfer from the cruise port in Las Palmas to the Riu Palace hotel to visit the gay beach/sand dunes in Playa del Ingles.

I have been dealing with a company in Las Palmas and they gave a reasonable quote for 13 people. I think it was like 140 euro..look at earlier post. That comes out just a little more than 10 euro each.

But the company only speaks spanish and google translator is not helping too much! :-) So maybe if we can find 13 interested people, maybe you can deal and book with the company!? ... or at least help me with the communication.

For your information, the company I found is:

http://www.autobuseslapalmita.com

thanks...

chat soon!

And for all of you, wouldn't it be cool if we can all video conference together before the cruise, so to plan some beach days and also maybe to arrange a pre-fod on Friday night in Malaga??

oovoo.com is a good video conferencing program for microsoft or apple that allows for free multi cam conference. Voxer for a smartphone is a good app to speak with each other as well.

Once you have them, I will tell you my ids, or you can tell me yours!

ciao for now

Dan

Ok LtDang...

when you has 13 pax, I call to the bus company for the booking.

for me, ok the conference...

but the pre-dinner and meet on Malaga or Torremolinos before, for me is not possible,

I stay onbord 27oct until 3nov, the cruise before to the trasatlantic!! :-(

• 2 weeks later...
A little change for us. We are now staying at a hotel near the port in Malaga. We still arrive on Monday October 29th. We still plan on visiting the Allahambra in Grenada, Tangier, Morocco and Gibraltar. But now since we are staying in Malaga, we will also visit Torremolinos, most likely on October 29th.

Anyone else arriving early?

My partner and I are arriving on November 2nd. Not super early, but hoping to see as much as possible in those 2 days before boarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Dan,

Your idea for some type of get-together on Friday night in Malaga sounds great. We are also staying downtown near the port for our one night prior to the cruise. We arrive at the airport around 11:15 am. Let us know if you decide on doing something.

Walter

Hey Dan,

Your idea for some type of get-together on Friday night in Malaga sounds great. We are also staying downtown near the port for our one night prior to the cruise. We arrive at the airport around 11:15 am. Let us know if you decide on doing something.

Walter

:D Sounds like fun! Hey Dan can you find a kewl venue?

:D Sounds like fun! Hey Dan can you find a kewl venue?

Ok here is an idea for a pre cruise F.O.D gathering Friday evening November 2nd.

There are good reviews of the rooftop pool bar or also the atrium bar/restaurant at the hotel Molina Lario. This hotel is a stones through from the cruise port and the major attractions in Malaga. In fact, some of us are staying there.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g187438-d596603-Reviews-Hotel_Molina_Lario-Malaga_Costa_del_Sol_Andalucia.html

http://www.hotelmolinalario.com/en

Apparently there are good views of the cruise port from the roof top bar.

And there is good music, food and nightlife at the atrium terrace area.

So lets make it hotel Molina Lario. I am arriving there on Monday so I will have a chance to find the best place for us in the hotel. By Wednesday night , I could post on this thread exactly where and what time. My guess would be 6pm for pre dinner drinks atop the pool rooftop bar, then head down the atrium restaurant for dinner at about 8pm or when people are done drinking! What do you all think?

I hope you are all beginning to be excited for our cruise!

Hi everyone!

Anyone interested in a day at Maspalomas or at the Maspalomas sand dunes/beaches. There is a gay/clothing optional beach there.

For your information, Maspalomas and Playa Del Ingles are resort cities about a fifty minute drive from our cruise port in Las Palmas. The area of Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas is a large gay destination for Europeans.

Las Palmas 8h15 to Maspalomas

Maspalomas 15h00 to Las Palmas (leave from beach to bus at 14h30)

140 euros for up to 13 people - 13 seats available on bus.

Here is a link to some nice photos of the sand dunes.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=Maspalomas+sand+dunes&m=text

Please remember you have a few options. Beach day, Maspalomas sightseeing, or both!

1) Dan

2) Dickie

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

I have asked the company what happens if we cancel due to weather or due to ship not docking. I will let you knew their response!

Hey Dan,

Since my partner is not on here, I have been communicating some of what has been transpiring on here as we start to plan and pack for this trip. I will let him know about Friday night as well. I have two reservations for hotels for our one night in Malaga, but think I will end up staying with the Hotel Molina Lario. That hotel is a great central location to the downtown area and I had read about the rooftop bar. Is that the hotel you are also staying at? Looking forward to meeting you and Dickie.

I saw a thread on the main board about wearing beads to the sail away. I have plenty and will pack a few. Do you think the rainbow colors will give us away? <LOL>

I did mention the beach excursion to Iain. I am interested and will see about getting him on board as well. I will let you know soon about committing to a spot (or 2 spots) on the bus.

Okay, chat more later...

I haven't posted recently, so I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that Steve and I are really excited about the cruise and meeting everyone.

Steve and Steve

Hi Steve (dos?)

I see that you and your partner are signed up for the Solarium Bar pre-sailaway gathering at 3:30pm. We should see if Dan/Dickie are going to go and up the number of our fellow F.O.D. cruisers in attendance.

Walter

Hi Steve (dos?)

I see that you and your partner are signed up for the Solarium Bar pre-sailaway gathering at 3:30pm. We should see if Dan/Dickie are going to go and up the number of our fellow F.O.D. cruisers in attendance.

Walter

Actually we, (Dan and Dickie) will be busy unpacking before sail away. So we don`t plan on going to the cruise critic gathering on the first day. For sail away , we usually like to spend time on our own balcony or the balconies of old or new friends.

We do however plan on going to the official Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic gathering which is usually a few days into a cruise.

Actually we, (Dan and Dickie) will be busy unpacking before sail away. So we don`t plan on going to the cruise critic gathering on the first day. For sail away , we usually like to spend time on our own balcony or the balconies of old or new friends.

We do however plan on going to the official Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic gathering which is usually a few days into a cruise.

There will be lots of time on the cruise to get together and meet up. Steve takes much more time unpacking than I do. While it adds to the weight of my luggage, I keep a lot of things on hangers, or in clear plastic bags, so unpacking for me takes very little time. Now, packing takes me more time. :)

If you find yourself unpacked sooner than you thought, we'll be at the Solarium bar up until muster, so feel free to stop by.

Steve

Hi Steve (dos?)

Walter

Walter,

Yes, I'm Dos. Looking forward to seeing you at the Solarium Bar and throughout the cruise. I know we'll see Dan and Dickie many times. The one great thing about having so many sea days is we'll have lots of time to socialize and meet people.

Steve

September is near and there will no longer be any excuses. :) It is time for you folks to start posting on this board! Good start Steve and Walter...now where are the rest of you boys?

I really want to get a group excursion to Playa del Ingles, Grand Canaria organized. We can do it for cheaper and longer than the Royal Caribbean excursion. If we have 13 people, it would be about 15 euro each for 5 hours at the sand dunes area. There you can decide if you want to go to the gay beach, or nude beach through the sand dunes or visit Playa del Ingles (either beach or Yumbo Centrum) via the boardwalk. (all areas are about 3/4 mile away from the proposed drop off at the Riu Palace hotel)

Please use google map or google earth to see these areas...

okay I have set a topic, now discuss and post!!!

Hey everyone

Just a wee post to say I haven't forgotten about this forum, been a bit busy recently. Just caught up with all the recent posts. So looking forward to some sun on this cruise, the summer in Scotland predictably lasted a week :(

Won't make the Friday night dinner as only arrive in Malaga on Saturday morning. Have a night out planned with friends in London on the Friday. Hope you all have a great time though.

Hello - please put us ( Eelko and Bernd ) on the list for the Beach Shuttle in Maspalomas! Thanks for organizing it ;) we wont be on the pre-cruise party since we cruise B2B on the gay cruise the week before....

See you all soon....

Glad you guys are joining us. Can't wait to meet up

Kimberley

Hi everyone!

Anyone interested in a day at Playa Del Ingles, or the sand dunes/beaches of the area. There is a gay/clothing optional beach there.

For your information, Playa Del Ingles is a resort city about a fifty minute drive from our cruise port in Las Palmas. The area of Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas is a large gay destination for Europeans.

Las Palmas 8h15 to Riu Palace Playa Del Ingles

Riu Palace 15h00 to Las Palmas (leave from beach to bus at 14h30)

This would be about 5+ hours of excursion time.

140 euros for up to 13 people - 13 seats available on bus. That would be about 13 euros each with tip. This is a much better option than the RCL excursion which is like 50 dollars for 2.5 hours.

Here is a link to some nice photos of the sand dunes.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=Maspalomas+sand+dunes&m=text

Please remember you have a few options. Beach day via 3/4 mile walk through the lovely sand dunes, or a 3/4 mile walk to Playa del Ingles beach plaza or their popular Yumbo centrum.

The proposed drop off, would be at the Riu Palace hotel. We could discuss if if we should have a second drop off/pick up spot. The pick up time could also be discussed.

Here is a google map link to the drop off spot at the Riu Hotel. If you zoom out the map, at the bottom left of sand dunes is the gay beach, and the right and a bit up is the Playa Del Ingles Beach plaza. The yumbo centrum is a bit more in the interior of the city.

http://maps.google.ca/?ll=27.746272,-15.576596&spn=0.003651,0.004823&t=h&z=18

1) Dan

2) Dickie

3) Bernd

4) Eelko

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)