RCI Adventure of the Seas transatlantic November 3, 2012 (Spain to Puerto Rico)

LtDang

We completed and printed our set sail pass tonight! Now I'm feeling it! :D

I have also printed mine, but now I need to get in gear and finish planning other excursions and any last minute packing/planning for the cruise.

Hi everyone!

Anyone interested in a day at Playa Del Ingles, or the sand dunes/beaches of the area. There is a gay/clothing optional beach there.

For your information, Playa Del Ingles is a resort city about a fifty minute drive from our cruise port in Las Palmas. The area of Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas is a large gay destination for Europeans.

I have received a quote from a bus company in Las Palmas, Grand Canaria.

The quote is return transportation -

Las Palmas 8h15 to Riu Palace Playa Del Ingles

Riu Palace 15h00 to Las Palmas (leave from beach to bus at 14h30)

This would be about 5+ hours of excursion time.

140 euros for up to 13 people - 13 seats available on bus. That would be about 13 euros each with tip. This is a much better option than the RCL excursion which is like 50 dollars for 2.5 hours.

Here is a link to some nice photos of the sand dunes.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=Maspalomas+sand+dunes&m=text

Please let me know if you want a spot on the bus.

Please remember you have a few options. Beach day via 3/4 mile walk through the lovely sand dunes, or a 3/4 mile walk to Playa del Ingles beach plaza or their popular Yumbo centrum.

The proposed drop off, would be at the Riu Palace hotel. We could discuss if if we should have a second drop off/pick up spot. The pick up time could also be discussed.

Here is a google map link to the drop off spot at the Riu Hotel. If you zoom out the map, at the bottom left of sand dunes is the gay beach, and the right and a bit up is the Playa Del Ingles Beach plaza. The yumbo centrum is a bit more in the interior of the city.

http://maps.google.ca/?ll=27.746272,-15.576596&spn=0.003651,0.004823&t=h&z=18

1) Dan

2) Dickie

3) Bernd

4) Eelko

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

Dan,

I was up to Toronto this past long holiday weekend and discussed the beach day with Iain. You can add us to the list as well.

Walter

Hi everyone!

Anyone interested in a day at Playa Del Ingles, or the sand dunes/beaches of the area. There is a gay/clothing optional beach there.

For your information, Playa Del Ingles is a resort city about a fifty minute drive from our cruise port in Las Palmas. The area of Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas is a large gay destination for Europeans.

I have received a quote from a bus company in Las Palmas, Grand Canaria.

The quote is return transportation -

Las Palmas 8h15 to Riu Palace Playa Del Ingles

Riu Palace 15h00 to Las Palmas (leave from beach to bus at 14h30)

140 euros for up to 13 people - 13 seats available on bus. That would be about 13 euros each with tip. This is a much better option than the RCL excursion which is like 50 dollars for 2.5 hours.

Please remember you have a few options. Beach day via 3/4 mile walk through the lovely sand dunes, or a 3/4 mile walk to Playa del Ingles beach plaza or their popular Yumbo centrum.

The proposed drop off, would be at the Riu Palace hotel. We could discuss if if we should have a second drop off/pick up spot. The pick up time could also be discussed.

Here is a google map link to the drop off spot at the Riu Hotel. If you zoom out the map, at the bottom left of sand dunes is the gay beach, and the right and a bit up is the Playa Del Ingles Beach plaza. The yumbo centrum is a bit more in the interior of the city.

1) Dan

2) Dickie

3) Bernd

4) Eelko

5) Walter

6) Lain

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

Jordi .. are you interested in joining our fun day in Playa del Ingles? Also Jordi, since you speak spanish, as discussed before, could you please make contact with the tour company to make sure they still have a 13 seat shuttle bus available for Wednesday November 7th. Also please confirm the price again. (from Las Palmas cruise port to the Hotel Riu Palace at the sand dunes in Playa del Ingles)

Also Jordi, please ask them what happens to our payment if the ship does not arrive to port or if the weather is too bad. What kind of refund would we get.

here is the web address for the tour company....

http://www.autobuseslapalmita.com

Thank you

Randy, Jonathon, and Russell,

Hello... and welcome! Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Walter

Thanks Walter. Looking forward to meeting the both of you too. The time will start to go quickly now as we get closer to departure. :)

Ok here is an idea for a pre cruise F.O.D gathering Friday evening November 2nd.

There are good reviews of the rooftop pool bar or also the atrium bar/restaurant at the hotel Molina Lario. This hotel is a stones through from the cruise port and the major attractions in Malaga. In fact, some of us are staying there.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g187438-d596603-Reviews-Hotel_Molina_Lario-Malaga_Costa_del_Sol_Andalucia.html

http://www.hotelmolinalario.com/en

Apparently there are good views of the cruise port from the roof top bar.

And there is good music, food and nightlife at the atrium terrace area.

So lets make it hotel Molina Lario. I am arriving there on Monday so I will have a chance to find the best place for us in the hotel. By Wednesday night , I could post on this thread exactly where and what time. My guess would be 6pm for pre dinner drinks atop the pool rooftop bar, then head down the atrium restaurant for dinner at about 8pm or when people are done drinking! What do you all think?

I hope you are all beginning to be excited for our cruise!

Looks like the regular forum is discussing using the rooftop of Hotel Molina Lario for their cocktail get together as well! Could be interesting. :D We will have rainbow flags at our table! :rolleyes:

Hi everyone. We have just found this forum, we are Ross and Damon from uk. We have been booked on this cruise for quite a while and frankly are delighted to find other gay couples on board as well!

Unfortunately we aren't staying in Malaga the night before, so can't go for cocktails, but it would be great to meet for drinks on board if that's being planned?

Hi everyone. We have just found this forum, we are Ross and Damon from uk. We have been booked on this cruise for quite a while and frankly are delighted to find other gay couples on board as well!

Unfortunately we aren't staying in Malaga the night before, so can't go for cocktails, but it would be great to meet for drinks on board if that's being planned?

We will ensure the "Friends of Dorothy" are clearly posted! :D

Here is a list of glbt folk on our cruise. These people are either participating in this forum or the straight roll call. If you know of any other glbt people on this cruise, let me know so I can add them!

Dan (LtDang) & Dickie (Tricky Dickie) - Canada

Kathy & Amanda (kmolinx) - Scotland

Rob and Karl (Nado44) - United States

Walter & Iain (Vulcan1971) - United States & Canada

Steve & Steve (I_Fly) - United States

Eelko and Bernd (Cruiselovers21) Holland

Kris (Scotsguy31) - Scotland

Markus & Sascha (Germanboy86) - Germany

Thomas & Rob (thomom24) -Scotland

Anders & Anders (ruffe) - Sweden

Steve & Scott (steevsf) -United States

Jonathan & Randy (rfc_yvr) - Canada

Russell - Canada

Ross & Damon (Ross&Damon) - UK

What I am thinking is this...

Las Palmas cruise port 8h15 to Riu Palace Playa Del Ingles

Riu Palace 15h00 to Las Palmas cruise port

The cost should be about 140 euros for up to 13 people - 13 seats available on bus. That would be about 13 euros each with tip. This is a much better option than the RCL excursion which is like 50 dollars for 2.5 hours.

Remember you have a few options. Beach day via 3/4 mile walk through the lovely sand dunes, or a 3/4 mile walk to Playa del Ingles beach plaza or their popular Yumbo centrum.

1) Dan

2) Dickie

3) Bernd

4) Eelko

5) Walter

6) Lain

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

Anyone else want to go... less then two months away now..time to plan! :-)

The cost should be about 140 euros for up to 13 people - 13 seats available on bus. That would be about 13 euros each with tip. This is a much better option than the RCL excursion which is like 50 dollars for 2.5 hours.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&...d+dunes&m=text

Remember you have a few options. Beach day via 3/4 mile walk through the lovely sand dunes, or a 3/4 mile walk to Playa del Ingles beach plaza or their popular Yumbo centrum.

http://maps.google.ca/?ll=27.746272,...04823&t=h&z=18

1) Dan

2) Dickie

3) Bernd

4) Eelko

5) Walter

6) Lain

7) Ross

8) Damon

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

so can't go for cocktails, but it would be great to meet for drinks on board if that's being planned?

Hi guys!

There will be nightly glbt gatherings in a venue yet to be known or determined.

In the past, like other cruise lines, Royal Caribbean's cruise director posted in the daily planner, or on the official bulletin board located at the front desk, the times and location for what is called Friend's of Dorothy meetings.

Unlike other cruise lines, Royal Caribbean has wimped out of assigning a meeting point for us. They do not mention anything in the daily planner, and even do not post the notice on the bulletin board. Their response to us when we ask, is that it is now up to us to post it ourselves on the board.

My guess is now that they are trying to become family oriented, they don't want to associate themselves with glbt.

However I am guessing on some cruises, where there are mostly adults and liberal people, they probably bend their own rules and do publicize it for us. It usually depends on the cruise director. But I can say that on normal Caribbean cruises, they do not post it anymore. Perhaps on this TA from Europe they will not have a problem with it!

So you guys on the first day, just check the planner or the bulletin board at the guest services desk.

welcome aboard Ross and Damon...this is not your first cruise is it?

Unless the cross channel 90min ferry from Dover To Calais counts, yes this is our first cruise and we very much looking forward to it and now we have realised there are quite a few 'like minded' people to be able to enjoy the voyage with this has just made the idea of the holiday even better.

Looking forward to meeting up on the first evening and we will keep an eye out on here for future updates.

Rgds

Damon & Ross

Unless the cross channel 90min ferry from Dover To Calais counts, yes this is our first cruise and we very much looking forward to it and now we have realised there are quite a few 'like minded' people to be able to enjoy the voyage with this has just made the idea of the holiday even better.

Looking forward to meeting up on the first evening and we will keep an eye out on here for future updates.

Rgds

Damon & Ross

Wow, we were overwhelmed for the first few days on our first cruise. It was on a slightly bigger ship, but AOS is still very big!

Cruising is great, but it is even better for newbies!

Here is a list of glbt folk on our cruise. These people are either participating in this forum or the straight roll call. If you know of any other glbt people on this cruise, let me know so I can add them!

Russell - Canada

Mark & Martin (henry_hound) - UK

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&...d+dunes&m=text

http://maps.google.ca/?ll=27.746272,...04823&t=h&z=18

Here are the spots on the bus!

1) Dan

2) Dickie

3) Bernd

4) Eelko

5) Walter

6) Lain

7) Ross

8) Damon

9) Mark

10) Martin

11)

12)

13)

Russell - Canada

Mark & Martin (henry_hound) - UK

Dan and I have found, sometimes, if the Friends of Dorothy is already on the board and we don't like the time or venue. We will add another one, usually at an earlier time in the Champagne bar. If we could all provide our dining times, we can make sure we maximize the timing of the FOD. Dan and I have mytime dining so we are extremely flexible. :D

Randy, Jonathon, and Russell,

Hello... and welcome! Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Walter

WALTER!!! Sorry everyone, highjacking this post temporarily! I don't know how to get into contact with you an Iain? :confused: Are you on FaceBook? Search for me Cindy Smith Peterson and add a message so I don't think you are some creeper! hehehe

Carry on everyone! Thank You!

Archived