Question re Free Air - Current Special

Does anybody know if PG will offer a credit in lieu of taking their free airfare from LAX to Papeete? If so, do you know what/how much the credit would be? Thanks!

I believe the credit was $1250.00

We looked into this too. That's about the difference betwen the cruise only vs air inclusive price we got. We only see $1600 fares from Bos to LAX,

so although it seems like a wash ( BOS -LAX is about $400) we would have to do the transfers,dayroom and ( if I understand it right? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong) there is a buffet meal included with the day room. We thought it would be hard to replicate all that for the same money unless we had enough miles to fly for free.

Yes it is $1250

But remember if you book your own you will need to pay for the transfers and you won't get use of the day room on the last day.

Thanks---we actually are planning on leaving on an early morning flight on the Saturday we disembark (7:30AM to LAX), so the day room is not an issue, but the transfers would be. I am assuming we would need to take a cab to the airport from the ship early in the morning (like 4AM). I wonder if the ship's staff could help us arrnge a cab.

Thanks Texed! You are the source when it comes to PG Cruises!!

There are a few others on the PG board that know a lot more than me. But, I try. :)

....we would have to do the transfers,dayroom and ( if I understand it right? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong) there is a buffet meal included with the day room....
We did the PG air/hotel package last month. With PG air, you'll get transfers (airport-ship) on embarkation day, unless you request a deviation. You'll also have use of a day room (Radisson) on disembarkation day, as well as an optional mini-tour of Tahiti en route. There is no buffet included with the post-cruise day room. But you can remain on-board the ship till 12:30 pm and enjoy lunch in La Veranda. There is, however, a complimentary lunch included on embarkation day if you also have a PG pre-cruise hotel package. There is no voucher for this - you have to read the fine print in your pre-cruise docs very carefully!

We did the PG air/hotel package last month. With PG air, you'll get transfers (airport-ship) on embarkation day, unless you request a deviation. You'll also have use of a day room (Radisson) on disembarkation day, as well as an optional mini-tour of Tahiti en route. There is no buffet included with the post-cruise day room. But you can remain on-board the ship till 12:30 pm and enjoy lunch in La Veranda. There is, however, a complimentary lunch included on embarkation day if you also have a PG pre-cruise hotel package. There is no voucher for this - you have to read the fine print in your pre-cruise docs very carefully!

PG TA arranged our pre cruise hotel but we didn't do a "package". I don't see anything on our sparse docs about lunch. It seems she mentioned breakfast though... Guess I need to call again...

The information on the lunch is included in the pre and post cruise hotel package brochure that was included with your docs. It's one of the colorful and glossy booklets you were given. It is no where in the 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper I was sent.

Jacquie

The information on the lunch is included in the pre and post cruise hotel package brochure that was included with your docs. It's one of the colorful and glossy booklets you were given. It is no where in the 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper I was sent.

Jacquie

I doubt we qualify then as we didn't do a package. We did one night in LA and one at the IC.

I doubt we qualify then as we didn't do a package. We did one night in LA and one at the IC.
The PG hotel programs are described in a booklet called "2010 Pre & Post Cruise Information Guide". At the bottom of page 7 is info about the complimentary lunch on embarkation day. As mentioned, there is no voucher for this so it's easy to miss. We simply showed up at the IC restaurant and told the hostess we were part of the PG group. She had a master list, checked us off and invited us to help ourselves to the fab seafood buffet. The buffet ended at 2:00 pm and we saw others arrive later and order from the menu.

Even if you don't have this booklet, I think you would be eligible for the lunch if you booked a PG hotel. Nothing to be lost by showing up at the restaurant and seeing if you're on the list!

Yes it is $1250

But remember if you book your own you will need to pay for the transfers and you won't get use of the day room on the last day.

You can book just the transfer/Radisson day room package by itself through Paul Gauguin if you wish. It ran about $320. for the two of us. It certainly beat trying to arrange things locally ourselves.

Archived