Christmas cruise

spikecat

Has anyone ever taken a Christmas cruise on Carnival? We are looking at one on the Legend and would like to hear if you would recommend a Christmas cruise and what you liked about it.

We have been on two cruises that we were actually on the ship on Christmas Day. It is very crowded with tons of kids to be prepared.

On the embarkation they have free flowing champagne (no sail and sign card req'd ;))

This year will be our 3rd year in a row cruising - LOVE IT!! Great atmosphere. Last year we were on the Legend and I have no complaints what so ever, spent Christmas Eve in Cozumel playing on the beach and Christmas Day sunbathing while someone else cooked dinner :)

Christmas Eve we sung carols in the atrium lead by the cruise director.

This year we have booked the Miracle, same type of ship but new ports for us.

3 times I have been onboard around Xmas. One time I was already onboard another time I was boarding and the 3rd I was getting off xmas day.

Anytime around Holidays it will be more expensive and alot more kids. Between Xmas and New years was the most expensive and the most kids.

The one getting off Xmas day was the cheapest and least amount of kids. Also between Xmas and NY seemed to have the rudest people as well.

I liked it because I wasnt at home I was cruising but getting run over by granny while she was on her scooter chasing her bratty grandkids isnt much fun. But another DOD always helps that :D

Sailed on the Conquest for Christmas week last year, sailing on the Magic this year and have the Liberty booked for 2013. We are in our 50's and were concerned about sailing this week but it was really nice. Yes there were more kids on the ship but they seemed to be staying more together with family unlike spring break or summer cruises when everyone goes their own way. On the Conquest we were at sea for Christmas the CD and staff did a special afternoon show with the kids from Camp Carnival it was great. Santa makes his rounds on Christmas Eve and the crew are all in very good moods as everyone is happy and laughing.

We got on the Freedom last year the day after Christmas and off on New Years Day...it was pricey but that's when we could go with the family. The ship had Christmas decorations but it wasn't overwhelming...and then on NYE they had a big celebration with free champagne...so it was a nice cruise but not really overkill on the holiday, IMO.

Has anyone ever taken a Christmas cruise on Carnival? We are looking at one on the Legend and would like to hear if you would recommend a Christmas cruise and what you liked about it.

We cruise every year over Christmas. The best part is that while everyone is stressing out over the holidays, I'm humming, "All I Want For Christmas is a Real Good Tan!" We consider cruising at Christmas to be a wonderful family tradition. Carnival does all the cooking--I don't have to cook Christmas dinner. And the ship is decked out in holiday style!

If it is really warm weather that you're wanting, I'd recommend doing Eastern or Western Caribbean vs. doing a Bahamas itinerary. We cruised to Bahamas last Christmas and it was pretty cool the entire cruise. That is the first time we've encountered cool weather while cruising at Christmas though. But for a little insurance, cruise further south. You run a higher risk of port calls being cancelled during the winter too. We had calls at Half Moon Cay (tender port) cancelled the past two Christmases-once on Holland America in 2009 and once on Carnival in 2010.

So my opinion is: leave the holiday decorating and cooking to Carnival. Enjoy holiday cruising and leave the holiday stress at home! Happy Christmas cruising! :-)

We usually cruise in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas because the prices are great, the ship is beautifully decorated and there are not a lot of kids on board.

For our upcoming cruise we actually get back into Port Canaveral on Christmas Eve, so that will be something new for us. I'm definitely looking forward to relaxing before the holidays and hope that I'll be nice and tan in our family Christmas pictures!

We loved it. No hassle, no food prep (and I am the one who usually has that duty), no cleanup afterwards, not arguing about whose house to have the gathering at, no worries about having too much Christmas "cheer" then driving after.... It really was a very nice change from all the work that goes into a family gathering.

I plan to do it again.

Bob

This will be our 4th cruise for Christmas and we love it :) ! We like to get away from the craziness of the holidays and a cruise has proved to be an excellent way to do this. Our very first cruise was over Christmas on the Imagination, just 4 nights, but a good way to start. next was the Fascination, this time a five night cruise. Last year was on the Valor, a 7 night cruise and this year we're on the Miracle for an 8 night cruise. Yes there are more kids and it is a bit more expensive than if we took the cruise the week before...but the week before is not Christmas. When we booked the cruise the price was a bit high, but so far we've received $640.00 in price drops and wouldn't be surprised if it drops a little more before we sail :DAnd as someone else mentioned, there are lots of kids...but its Christmas and I think they're on good behavior...just to make sure Santa doesn't forget them :D !

We love the warmth (we're from New England) and just being able to be waited on and able to relax is great!

So, if you want to relax and enjoy the sun during the holidays, book your cruise!

Archived