Specialty diner Price increase

I just went into my pre cruise planner and...

Chops is showing at $30 pp

Dinner at Giovanni's Table is showing $20 pp

Lunch at Dinner at Giovanni's Table $15 pp

Dinner at 150 central park $40 pp

Dinner at Dinner at Samba Grill $25 pp (same rate)

Dinner at Dinner at Chef's Table $95 pp

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Have a wonderful Honeymoon. My anniversary is the date of your sailing 26 Jun. Cheers

You're right. So isn't it wonderful to have choices?! :)

If one looks at a "meal" as being nothing more than a source of sustenance or fuel for the body, one can eat very cheaply and be perfectly content, because they put little to no value on the quality of the food or the manner in which it is served. If, on the other hand, one likes to occasionally view a meal as an experience, a form of being entertained even, one can splurge on a $500 (or more :eek:) meal that to him or her, is well worth it.

I suppose you are correct if a person has so much discretionary income that he or she can afford to spend $500 to be "entertained" by a gourmet meal. I doubt that I will ever find myself in that position, although I certainly do enjoy a good meal and view it as something more than a source of sustenance.

negc[/left];29329788]I suppose you are correct if a person has so much discretionary income that he or she can afford to spend $500 to be "entertained" by a gourmet meal. I doubt that I will ever find myself in that position, although I certainly do enjoy a good meal and view it as something more than a source of sustenance.

This is me waving a white flag

Enough already.

One person says the food is great ... another disagrees. One says this is worth the money ... another disagrees. (Then people start getting their nose all twisted because everyone should know that they are right and everyone else is wrong! ... and they are going to make you realize it! ... I am talking in general here. Not signaling anyone out )

Gee, you mean there are actually people in this world with different opinions! :eek: :rolleyes:

No one is going to win this debate ... so why subject people to this never ending insanity?!

Bottom Line: People have the right to like whatever they want and spend money on whatever they want. It is really no ones business!

(By the way, if someone has the money to spend on a fancy meal how is that any different than anything else people choose to spend their money on? People have to choose what is important TO THEM. Maybe they save money in other ways like getting an inside cabin instead of a suite. Others may skimp on fancy meals so they can have that suite...)

Dear Oscar_the_Grouch's_Sis ,

It sounds like you've had a tough day. You know you don't have to read this thread.

You know that 90% of the posts on CC are of similar importance to the opinions expressed here ,meaning very little.

Relax. No biggie.What did you expect to find on this thread? Plato's Republic?

You're right. So isn't it wonderful to have choices?! :)

If one looks at a "meal" as being nothing more than a source of sustenance or fuel for the body, one can eat very cheaply and be perfectly content, because they put little to no value on the quality of the food or the manner in which it is served. If, on the other hand, one likes to occasionally view a meal as an experience, a form of being entertained even, one can splurge on a $500 (or more :eek:) meal that to him or her, is well worth it.

Thank you! This wasn't about a meal, it was about an experience. Also, I would never judge food by the pics but by how it tastes. In this case, not only was V&A's food aesthetically pleasing to the eye, it was simply outright delicious. The service was impeccable.

Dear Oscar_the_Grouch's_Sis ,

It sounds like you've had a tough day. You know you don't have to read this thread.

You know that 90% of the posts on CC are of similar importance to the opinions expressed here ,meaning very little.

Relax. No biggie.What did you expect to find on this thread? Plato's Republic?

I was trying to help get this thread back on track.

I am tired of perfectly good threads turning ugly. No, not expecting "Plato's Republic" ... but not expecting people to start arguing over personal preferences. :rolleyes:

But hey, if you enjoy that sort of thing ... to each their own I guess.

You are right, I don't have to read this thread ... or any of them.

I am so tired of CC anyway.

As usual, another thread that brings a smile to my face...if there were not different opinions I would not be reading the boards anymore.

I mean, after a few years everything posted is redundant, most posters seem to be newbies and know-it-alls.....but it all makes for great entertainment.

Enjoy cruising everyone.

Thanks OP for giving us a heads up.

"RCL will price themselves out of the market. A new cruiser will try these venues but one who has been on many cruises will pass at these prices"

The above from a previous poster.

Please look around you..notice those $4.00 a gallon prices on gas? Notice the $4.50 per gallon of diesel? Notice the increase of food in the local Krogers?

This economy sucks and is only getting worse...Those price increases for growing the food, raising the cattle, shipping the food are not some evil scheme by RCI to empty your wallets. It is a simple impact of a rotten economy that is only getting worse....

If ya don't like the price, don't buy it....You do, after all, have control of your own wallet.

"RCL will price themselves out of the market. A new cruiser will try these venues but one who has been on many cruises will pass at these prices"

The above from a previous poster.

Please look around you..notice those $4.00 a gallon prices on gas? Notice the $4.50 per gallon of diesel? Notice the increase of food in the local Krogers?

This economy sucks and is only getting worse...Those price increases for growing the food, raising the cattle, shipping the food are not some evil scheme by RCI to empty your wallets. It is a simple impact of a rotten economy that is only getting worse....

If ya don't like the price, don't buy it....You do, after all, have control of your own wallet.

First let me say that I have 2 specialty dinners pre-paid for. All that we buy is based on supply and demand. That is also the problem we demand and they keep supplying. and as long as there is enough people paying they will continue to supplying.

Years ago if one thought they wee getting screwed they would not support the vendor and eventually they would go out of business. now there are so many that say "oh well" that they just keep on going.

Archived