***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Kathy, my grandson plans to stay for a couple of days so I told him he should drive the truck for quite a while every day he is here to see how it will do with sustained driving. If there is a problem we can get it corrected before he leaves.

Did you also get your hot tub ready to get into? Nice the pool is done, hope it warms ups soon but looks like not this week.

My steak turned out pretty good, hope yours did too. Nice you could go out but too bad you had too wait. I went out my friend Friday night and we had to wait about 1/2 hour, they didn't take reservations so you just went and got a number, and waited for them to call you.

Had a good Zumba class today, there were 17 people there. Then went out to breakfast with a gal that had been absent for a while moving her mom into and assisted living home. It was nice to catch up with all she was doing.

Sharon

Sharon, when is your GS coming to pick up the truck? I am thinking since the truck has been sitting for so very long, this might be a simple fix. Get a stool and open the hood, and take the radiator cap off and have a flashlight and look into it. If it is not filled up to the top, then that is the reason why it is over heating. Just go to the store and buy a premix container of antifreeze and just pour it in. They sell that so you do not have to mix it yourself.

Bill does the taking care of the tot tub, and it is way too cold for me to be going outside in this type of weather. He will do it sometime in May. We do not have a pool only a hot-tub. The fish are in a 1300 gallon pond with a liner and rocks and boulders lined on the bottom and along the sides to form the pond. We have 5 really large fish that are koi. We are supposed to have cold weather all this week. At least it is not like the flooding in Texas and all of the snow eastcoast.

Wow, that was a long time to wait to be seated to be served. The place we go to does take reservations and this was the very first time where we had to wait and wait so long. They had at least 20 tickets from others waiting. We have been going to this place for many years, and normally we get in, eat and get out. We have never seen crowds such as this. But at least we had a good meal.

Did it feel good to get back into the routine with Zumba this morning? Do you go about 2 times per week. Since I did not weigh-in this past Saturday, I will either try to go sometime this week, or I just may skip it and do it this coming Saturday.

Kathy

Is Zumba hard? I've always been curious about it but been too nervous to try. I gradually ramping up my workouts so I can get back to TRX and Kettlebells, although it looks like tonight's workout is going to be more shoveling.

I hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Kat

Is Zumba hard? I've always been curious about it but been too nervous to try. I gradually ramping up my workouts so I can get back to TRX and Kettlebells, although it looks like tonight's workout is going to be more shoveling.

I hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Kat

So you will be getting more snow on its way? We are just getting rain around here, and really a not so nice day.

Wow, it really sounds like you are really going to get a good workout with that stuff. It should really tone you up.

Kathy

So you will be getting more snow on its way? We are just getting rain around here, and really a not so nice day.

Wow, it really sounds like you are really going to get a good workout with that stuff. It should really tone you up.

Kathy

Hi Kathy-

It snowed a little last night, and was snowing this morning as I was driving in to work. I'll be curious to see if I have more at home than we have at the office. I keep telling myself it's a good workout. At least my chocolate lab enjoys it. She "supervises" me while I shovel.

Kat

Hi Kathy-

It snowed a little last night, and was snowing this morning as I was driving in to work. I'll be curious to see if I have more at home than we have at the office. I keep telling myself it's a good workout. At least my chocolate lab enjoys it. She "supervises" me while I shovel.

Kat

I have seen on the news of all of the snow your area has been getting. So are we in spring or does winter still have a grip on us? That's funny with your Lab.

Kathy

Been misty and sprinkling all day today, supposed to turn to snow tonight, between 1 and 3 inches. Where is springd!!

Nothing much new, went to Zumba this morning, only 3 of us there, it was the not as popular instructor.

Did I tell you I got my blood test results back, my cholesterol in January was 250, this time it was 204. Quite a difference in 4 months. Must be the new meds I am on because I really didn't change my way of eating like I was going to. Also glucose was down 117 to 89, everything was like that. I was really surprised.

Sharon

Sharon, agreed that yesterday was a total bust as far as the weather goes. Around here is rained all day and into the evening. Did your area get any snow last night? I did see where Wisconsin and Minnesota really got hit with the snow. I could see where our friend would get hit with clearing all of the snow that fell.

Well that was good news for you in getting the blood work back from the tests. You must feel feel real good to have those numbers back in just 4 months.

So now on Saturday this theater guild that we belong to is having what is called a progressive dinner. So what this is we all meet at the first person's house for appetizers and then we all board a buss where we go to the second person's house for salads and sup. Then we all board the bus once again and go to the third person's house for the main course. Then we all board the bus once again for the the last time to return to the first person's house for desert. I have never done this before so it does sound very interesting.

Well that was good for you and bad for the instructor in not having many at the Zumba class. Maybe it was due to the weather of maybe it was because the rest where just gone due to being snowbirds.

Kathy

Sharon- Great improvement with your numbers in 4 months.

I have to say I am really ready for these snow shoveling workouts to be done with. I left work last night thinking I was going to have the same amount of snow at home as we had at the office. Well, the storm must have tracked a lot heavier south so I ended up with around 9" at home. They are only calling for 1 more snowfall. I'm hoping it isn't as heavy this time.

I will do my best not to share our weather with anyone else. I hope everyone continues to have a great week.

Sharon- Great improvement with your numbers in 4 months.

I have to say I am really ready for these snow shoveling workouts to be done with. I left work last night thinking I was going to have the same amount of snow at home as we had at the office. Well, the storm must have tracked a lot heavier south so I ended up with around 9" at home. They are only calling for 1 more snowfall. I'm hoping it isn't as heavy this time.

I will do my best not to share our weather with anyone else. I hope everyone continues to have a great week.

Wow, 9" that is still a lot of snow. So us in the beginning of the season our snow was very dry and light. Now I would think that the snow you are getting just now is wet and heavy. Thank you for not shearing any of your snow with us. We will just keep the rain for now.

Kathy

Katmu, what is your name? This weather is just ridiculous for April, bet we go right into 90 degree weather instead of having any spring ! Chocolate labs are really nice dogs, I don't have a dog anymore, don't know what the future holds for me so not gong to get one.

Kathy, we got several inches of snow and it was kinda hard and slippery on the top. This morning on the way to Zumba the roads were a mess. The wind was blowing it all across them and they were snow covered. On the way home after stopping for breakfast too, the roads were cleared off and so way the driveway. No shoveling for me!

Tonight going to see the girls, don't think there will be food but you never know.

Got a new keyboard with this computer and its a lot different feel than my old one. Seems I can't hardly type anything on it without having to make corrections. Frustrating!

Sharon

Sharon, I know you were thinking about taking that 1 back and getting an Apple that you would be most used to. I know they had said you only have so long to do that.

I was watching the news and I figured that you had gotten measurable snow as well. But at least you have that plow guy to take care of things. Certainly does not feel like spring. You are probably right about going from so called spring right into summer with high temps. I hope not but you and I both know that has happened around here in the past.

Come-on we have talked about this in the past. I will bet anything that tonight they certainly have food. The owner always puts on a good spread for you all. Usually something very good as well.

With this weather I am still hearing about people getting sick. I saw on the news last night that a new strain of the flu is popping up once again. But this is a different strain than the last one. Bill got real sick and I hope neither him or I will not get sick once again. All we can do is hope.

Kathy

Hi Sharon-

My name is Kathleen, but my friends call me Kat for short. I actually have 2 labs, both shelter dogs. The funny thing is that the black lab was brought to Minnesota from Alabama and she has never really learned to like snow like her 'sister'. My chocolate lab is about 10, and the black lab is 7. I'm not sure if I will get another dog after these 2, as I'm getting to the point in my life where I want to maybe travel more.

Hi Sharon-

My name is Kathleen, but my friends call me Kat for short. I actually have 2 labs, both shelter dogs. The funny thing is that the black lab was brought to Minnesota from Alabama and she has never really learned to like snow like her 'sister'. My chocolate lab is about 10, and the black lab is 7. I'm not sure if I will get another dog after these 2, as I'm getting to the point in my life where I want to maybe travel more.

So now we have 2 Kathy's here me as Kathy and you as Kathleen. I don't blame your lab for not getting used to the snow.

Kathy

No food last night, it was the twin owners birthday so they went up to the dells. Their brother was in charge last night. He even charged us one dollar more for our drink!

I am going to keep this computer, I have put a lot of time into learning it so might just as well. I also heard about another infection that is gaining ground, the normal antibiotics don't work on it. Sounds scary and a good reason not to take antibiotics if you don't really, really need them.

Kat, nice you have rescue dogs, so many in the shelters I feel sorry for them, but like you don't want to be tied down in case I get to go somewhere.

All of our snow has melted, except in the shadows by the tree line. Now they are talking about a little flurries on Sunday. Oh well, guess there is nothing we can do about it.

At least it is a nice sunny day today!

Sharon

Sharon, that was not good that the other brother treated you all that way. It seems like a big difference between the bothers.

I guess your area is bright and sunny. But around here temps in the 30's and cold and not sunny at all. Just another not so nice day around here.

I guess that makes sense since you have put so much time into this computer to just keep it and just keep on learning on it as you go along.

We went to Mattress Firm last week and bought a mattress. It was delivered and we have 4 months to try it out. We do not seem to like this 1 very much so Bill is looking around for another. Until we started the search we did not realize on how many places there are selling mattresses. Bill is also worried that they have too many stores and they are not getting that many customers. He thinks they may go bankrupt. Our old bed was heated and now this 1 is not. Very important to get a good nights rest, and we both are not sleeping the way we should be.

One lady who was hosting her house for the progressive dinner on Saturday is sick. So the president is taking over and putting up his house. So we are helping him out with getting things together for him. It should be an interesting evening.

Kathy

I have b been to progressive dinners, but we always had to just drive to the next one no bus. Is this for the theater group? Sounds like a fun eveing.

We bought a new mattress a few years ago, made a big difference in how our backs felt even if it didn't seem to matter about the sleep. Bill could fall asleep in a heartbeat every night. I am sleeping better now though too than I was.

WW, lost .2 thought I would be the same but still close.

My friend brought their dog over around 2pm. They are headed to St Louis, going to see the Budweiser tourist place and the arch. They will be back on Sunday.

It is so cold and gray outside and the wind makes it just freezing out. Haven't been out since I went early this am to WW. Hadn't planned to go anywhere anyway with the dog her. Need to keep her company.

Got an email saying I am now a full fledged member of the Moose.

Kat, what are your plans for the weekend?

Sharon

Sharon, you got a e-mail saying you are a full fledged member of the moose. What is that all about, is this a scam? Sounds kind of strange. They are saying that there are a lot of scams going all around just now.

I totally agree about the weather, it is not nice out at all, and the wind does not help either. So it is about the same here as where you are.

We were in St Louis a few years ago and did the very same thing. We really enjoyed the Budweiser tour and after the tour they gave us lunch and let us have any type of beer that we wanted. That is good that you have their dog to keep you company for a few days. It sounds like the dog is a very nice dog to be watching.

I have never heard of progressive dinner before. So this will be a first for me. Yes it is the theater group who put this together. They are getting just a regular school bus so no one has to drive. The cost is $40 pp and that includes everything. So 3 people are putting up their houses. But a total of 4 stops. We go back to the first house after the third house.

We are kind of on the fence if we should go back to the country club for 1 last season. We have not been going for a good number of months now. So Sunday is the start of the season with an event called the Spring Fling. They want us to run bocce once again.

Kathy

No scam for the Moose, I joined it, filled out an application and paid my money. one of the gals at WW does the newsletter and is a member. When I went to different things there, I went as her guest, she got me the application.

Their dog has been missing them, whines a little every one in a while. They keep busy with chores and things outside and I don't do that so I think she is actually bored with me, lol.

You Might as well join for the last year at the Country Club, its close and convenient and you seemed to enjoy the bocce. Too bad someone else can't run it this time though so you could just go and play.

Hope we don't get too much snow tomorrow night, looks like maybe just an inch, so that should go away pretty quick.

Sharon

Sharon, I saw yesterday we could get at least an inch. We will just have to wait and see. But they said it could go to 72 on Friday. That would be nuts.

So we left at 4 yesterday and got home close yo midnight. All 4 places went well. But by the time we came back to the starting house, a lot of them were really drunk, and I had no ideas how they would be getting home unless they just stayed there. We have never done this before and it was really done right and we had a good time. I am very tired today.

Today is the Spring Fling at the club. You are right and we most likely will come back for 1 last time. We went from first place last year to third place for this year. So we will see how things go.

Wow that is interesting you joining the Moose Club. I have not heard of them for a very long time. So I am sure they will have many social events during the year.

Kathy

That will be nice to have warmer weather, I'll have to see it to believe it though. They are always changing forecasts at the last minute. We are supposed to get an inch of snow too, but so far none on the ground. Would be fine with me if we didn't get anymore.

My friends got home abut 6pm today, their dog was getting pretty hungry. She got up this morning at 5am, I let her out and fed her then went back to bed. They didn't leave me food for Sunday night because they thought they would be home sooner. They had a good time so I was happy about that for them.

One of the tires on the truck that I had requested be fixed because it had a slow leak, is flat again, either he didn't fix it or it wasn't done right. So I think when my grandson gets here I will get 4 new tires put on, I'm sure the other ones even though they don't have many miles on them are not all that good from sitting for so long. Then I won't have to worry about tires at least!

Will be good to go exercise tomorrow morning, haven't done much the last few days.

Sharon