Concierge level priority?

I have read about everyone being worried about not getting their excursions because of the 240 day priority for the Concierge level next year.

Well, we have past the 180 day point on our cruise to the Amazon in November and only 8 of the 14 ports even have excursion available.

So with this much delay on availble excursions - maybe the Concierge priority really doesn't mean much.

I have read about everyone being worried about not getting their excursions because of the 240 day priority for the Concierge level next year.

Well, we have past the 180 day point on our cruise to the Amazon in November and only 8 of the 14 ports even have excursion available.

So with this much delay on availble excursions - maybe the Concierge priority really doesn't mean much.

It can, especially when Regent incorrectly flags tours in their system:mad:

There was a recent case of a tour for 50 with a 350 person overflow. While I highly doubt this is anywhere near a typical case, it CAN happen so plan/schedule accordingly.

Good point! On our recent Asia cruise there were a number of excursions that weren't available until long after the 180 day point.

Thanks mrlevin, a great point that in many cases will put everyone on the same priority. Doesn't help the dining reservations but, those are pretty much guaranteed, just not the nites and times.

Adds more work for everyone though, when all the excursions aren't loaded, when they are loaded no notice is provided which make you need to log in to your account every day until all the excursions are loaded. Better than not getting on the excursion the first day but, certainly better than being excluded.

Maybe there is hope for this concierge program yet and maybe this new information will get the home office destinations group on the ball for getting the excursions scheduled and loaded in a timely manner.

There do seem to be a number of anomalies in shore excursions. One tour on our upcoming itinerary is for a museum. Retail price is shown as $299; actualy price is $99; if you bought a ticket on your own $15 ;)

I think there might be a few disappointed cruisers on last segment of world cruise. They are doing tours to Normandy next Monday, 6 June, the 67th anniversary of D-Day. The WORST day to try to "see" Normandy is D-Day. I cannot imagine any of the tours working on time.

Still, for the most part, the tour department onshore and the folks onboard due a wonderful job. It was amazing how many people on world cruise would choose their excursions segment by segment. I wonder how many people do book 180 days in advance?

Depending upon Regent not entering excursions on time.. . . . doesn't sound like a reliable way to supposedly equal out those who can book 240 days in advance vs. 180. You have to ask yourself if Regent will have most excursions entered close to the 240 day point once the new program goes into effect. One must assume that they will.

Our excursions opened up on Tuesday. . . . all but one port was loaded.

The excursions do seem to be loading later than usual. It might be due to the fact that Regent needs to prepare the computer for April, 2012 excursions that will be available in August (for those in the upper class). We will see how smooth the transition is in only a couple of months.

Archived