Breakfast in Sabitini's for elite?

CruzinNoony

I thought breakfast in Sabitini's was for suite passengers only. But, a neighbor that just got back from Alaska on the Sapphire said it was also for elite passengers. Since we are going on the Sapphire in a week and we are elite, can someone verify if this is correct??:rolleyes:

Sabatinis breakfast is only for full suite guests. They may have been trying something as an experiment on your neighbors cruise, but I honestly doubt it. If they were, there would have been reports made from those CC members that happened to be onboard that cruise I would think. Something just doesn't sound right with 'their' report as it has never been for Elite Passengers, only full suite guests.

Could they have been talking about the Elite/Platinum cocktail hour in the evening instead of breakfast? That is all I can think of.

Perhaps they may have expanded it to include elites on Alaskan cruises since traditionally there are fewer elites on these cruises than on other cruises. When I cruised Alaska 3 years ago I was invited to the most travelled party and I was only Platinum with slightly over 100 days at the time.

I doubt this is correct unless it's a test for allowing a few of the "most traveled" passengers to use it. I've been on quite a few cruises that had literally hundreds of Elite passengers. This would severely strain the capacity in Sabatinis, if not overwhelm it.

I thought breakfast in Sabitini's was for suite passengers only. But, a neighbor that just got back from Alaska on the Sapphire said it was also for elite passengers. Since we are going on the Sapphire in a week and we are elite, can someone verify if this is correct??:rolleyes:

Since you'll be going on the same cruise next week please let us all know your experience with us.

I doubt this is correct unless it's a test for allowing a few of the "most traveled" passengers to use it. I've been on quite a few cruises that had literally hundreds of Elite passengers. This would severely strain the capacity in Sabatinis, if not overwhelm it.

Opening Sabatini's at breakfast to all the Elites would be to much to handle but an additional 40 couldn't hurt. Even if the did offer it to the top 40 I'm not sure how many people would actually attend?

The invitation of a combination of Suite and Elite has been tried, at least on the Emerald and Princess realized it was too much to handle so it was altered to include Suites only. Can't imagine they would now apply it to "some" ships and not the fleet. And as previously reported we loved the breakfast served at Sabatini's aboard the Emerald but while aboard the Star we stopped attending and chose instead the main dinning room for some civil service and the food quality.

The invitation of a combination of Suite and Elite has been tried, at least on the Emerald and Princess realized it was too much to handle so it was altered to include Suites only. Can't imagine they would now apply it to "some" ships and not the fleet. And as previously reported we loved the breakfast served at Sabatini's aboard the Emerald but while aboard the Star we stopped attending and chose instead the main dinning room for some civil service and the food quality.

Yes,but did the have it open to all the Elite or just the top 40? There's a big difference between 40 & possibly 300.

Hi There

The only way I can see an Elite getting in, is by invite, to have breakfast with an officer or some thing similar.

have had breakfast with an officer at Sabatini and also by invite from

Captain but names were checked before we got in.

yours Shogun

Opening Sabatini's at breakfast to all the Elites would be to much to handle but an additional 40 couldn't hurt. Even if the did offer it to the top 40 I'm not sure how many people would actually attend?

We would qualify, but doubt if we would partake more than once or twice, if at all.

Thanks everyone! My neighbor had a suite and did go to Sabitini's a couple of times for breakfast so I thought maybe he was correct about the elites. Oh well, it would have been something different. I will definately report back when we get home June 19. :)

That's only because you're done it many, many times. I suppose it's sort of like seeing Piano Man for the fourteenth time. :D

Uh uh..........never, ever, have had breakfast at Sabatini's. Never, ever, have had a suite. Anyhow, what I eat doesn't warrant a Sabatini's menu. ;)

Thanks everyone! My neighbor had a suite and did go to Sabitini's a couple of times for breakfast so I thought maybe he was correct about the elites. Oh well, it would have been something different. I will definately report back when we get home June 19. :)

Well, that explains it then. If he was in a full suite, then he would have access to Sabatini's for breakfast each morning (had nothing at all to do with his status with princess as even a first timer booked in a full suite would have the same option). Goes to show..........there is usually..........the rest of the story! ;)

We are just back from a Canada/New England cruise on the Caribbean Princess. The Head Waiter did check names as each party entered for the first three days until he recognized all of the guests. We did notice a few passengers who appeared to be turned away.

The breakfast service was for full suite passengers only and the service was excellent throughout the voyage. The venue was never crowded and all suite passengers obviously did not partake in the breakfast service.

However, there certainly is neither room nor staff to handle suite and elite for breakfast in Sabatini's.

Toto, Yes, he was in a full suite, but he said that elites were allowed in also. I was just questioning this because I would love to try Sabitini's if I would qualify. :cool:

Let us know after you sail, I am going to guess again, he was mistaken. ;)

Archived