All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

The search feature was disabled a week or so ago due to technical problems with the board software. We usually get a corkscrew from a bar or room service, but your stateroom attendant can probably get one also.

Thanks, I didn't think I was allowed to bring my own on board?

Thanks, I didn't think I was allowed to bring my own on board?

I bring a couple on board all the time. It's the airlines that might have a problem with a corkscrew in carry-on bags. No problem in checked bags.

Does anyone have a floor layout of The Magellan Dining Room. I know I am going to be at table #339 and was just hoping to get an idea of where that is located.

Royal does not publish maps of the dining room table locations. Plus, the table numbers can change cruise to cruise.

There are not. The solarium pool, which on some ships is enclosed, is wide open. I believe the hot tubs in the solarium are under cover, but not enclosed.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but are there any indoor pools or hot tubs on Explorer for the cooler days at sea?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry if this has been asked already, but are there any indoor pools or hot tubs on Explorer for the cooler days at sea?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There's a enclosed whirlpool in the fitness center on deck 11 forward.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you for the reply. Do you know where it is located?

The Diamond breakfast is on deck 3. You turn right when you get off the elevators and you will see the sign. A small portion of the MDR is sectioned off.

We really have enjoyed our breakfasts there. -- Joan

Hi all. Asked this on a separate thread but no answers yet, so thought I'd try the experts. :)

DH and I will be on Explorer next month for the first time (previously been on Liberty, Oasis and Allure). We just upgraded to OS 1314, which is on the front of the hump. There are a number of OS available, and I'm trying to decide whether to stick with the hump location or go for a non-hump OS. I know usually the hump is desirable, but the non-hump OSes seem to be selling faster than the hump ones, so I was wondering if I'm missing something.

Also wondering if 1314 (front of the hump) and 1320 (OS on the back of the hump) are any different from each other, other than the way they are facing, and 1314 being a connecting room - I've read some reviews that say the balcony on 1314 is smaller than 1320, but that doesn't really make sense to me as they are just mirror images of each other.

Thanks! :D

I don't have a picture but I can explain the set-up

now this is prior to refurb. we had a balcony on 8th deck. it had a sofa next to the balcony and the 2 twin/queen near bathroom. when they pulled the Pullman out, it was above the sofa and allowed you to still sit on the sofa. there was also a ladder to the bed that was placed out of sight in the room during the day.

I have seen pictures where the Pullman beds, when open, were above the 2 twin/queen beds. I want to say this is more so in ocean view and inside cabins but can't guarantee that, I should also say this was on enchantment

hopefully this helps a little

Edited by heziggy

Hi all. Asked this on a separate thread but no answers yet, so thought I'd try the experts. :)

DH and I will be on Explorer next month for the first time (previously been on Liberty, Oasis and Allure). We just upgraded to OS 1314, which is on the front of the hump. There are a number of OS available, and I'm trying to decide whether to stick with the hump location or go for a non-hump OS. I know usually the hump is desirable, but the non-hump OSes seem to be selling faster than the hump ones, so I was wondering if I'm missing something.

Also wondering if 1314 (front of the hump) and 1320 (OS on the back of the hump) are any different from each other, other than the way they are facing, and 1314 being a connecting room - I've read some reviews that say the balcony on 1314 is smaller than 1320, but that doesn't really make sense to me as they are just mirror images of each other.

Thanks! :D

We have stayed in both. I personally prefer 1320. It is definitely my favorite cabin on the ship. I did not notice any difference in size in balconies, which are smaller than a grand suite balcony though. I also tend to go with non-connecting if I can. Realistically, any OS is a great option with so much space. -- Joan

We have had 1314 and 1320 and they are the same size. We are in 1320 on our upcoming cruise in June and our friends are in 1314. Both of the rooms are about a foot deeper than the other non-hump Owners Suites. That includes a deeper balcony. Our friends had a non-hump OS and it was noticeable. The difference is slight, only about a foot, but it was nice to have. Note that 1314 is a connecting cabin with a JS, so there will be a little wall space lost to the door. It was very quiet though and in a great location. The other thing is that 1320's door opens in view of the elevator lobby, whereas 1314's door is a little past that opening.

Eric

We have stayed in both. I personally prefer 1320. It is definitely my favorite cabin on the ship. I did not notice any difference in size in balconies, which are smaller than a grand suite balcony though. I also tend to go with non-connecting if I can. Realistically, any OS is a great option with so much space. -- Joan

We have had 1314 and 1320 and they are the same size. We are in 1320 on our upcoming cruise in June and our friends are in 1314. Both of the rooms are about a foot deeper than the other non-hump Owners Suites. That includes a deeper balcony. Our friends had a non-hump OS and it was noticeable. The difference is slight, only about a foot, but it was nice to have. Note that 1314 is a connecting cabin with a JS, so there will be a little wall space lost to the door. It was very quiet though and in a great location. The other thing is that 1320's door opens in view of the elevator lobby, whereas 1314's door is a little past that opening.

Eric

Thanks so much to both of you! We've decided to stick with 1314. With both rooms and balconies being the same size, I'd rather be on the forward-facing side of the hump. 32 days to go - it can't get here fast enough! :D