All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

We are trying to choose a dinner time for our party of 6 with 2 children on the Explorer in February, 2014. I can't find show times anywhere for the Explorer??? Not even through customer service. Can anyone tell me what times the early and late shows typically begin?:)

The show times vary by day and itinerary. Sometimes it's around 7pm and 9pm, sometimes around 9pm and 10:30pm, sometimes only one show at 7:45pm. However, the shows will be timed to be convenient for the traditional dining times of 6pm and 8:30pm.

Edited by clarea

Thinking of going on the Explorer of the Seas for the 1st time this Oct.

Kids would be 15, 12 and 7.

Is there enough to do on the ship and in bermuda to keep them all happy?

Also is mid-Oct. a good time to cruise there? Will it be warm enough to swim at one of bermuda's beaches?

Edited by loveysbydesign

When I booked my cruise on EOS, I didn't realize we would be at sea Easter Sunday. Anyone know if there would be a mass on board?

From what I understand, if there happens to be a clergyperson on board who is willing to hold a service, there may be church services, but there is no guarantee. Perhaps you could invite your pastor along on the cruise? :)

While we're discussing the Windjammer' date=' when are good times (with no waiting) to go? Thank you![/quote']

When it first opens. Not trying to be funny but if you get there when it first opens for regular breakfast, you'll have your ready made eggs in 5 minutes and your choice of any section of seats. Same for dinner. We don't bother with lunch.

We enjoyed some fantastic stir fry this January 10th in the Windjammer.

Thanks. Do you know if offered each night? trying to get husband to get clothes together and he loves the combination of windjammer, shorts and stir fry.

The poster who said, if there is a clergy member on board... This is true.

However, we sail most spring breaks and the only times we haven't had services was when DD's spring break fell after Easter. We are Catholic and they tend to have Holy Week masses all week long.

That being said, watch there be no services this year.

When I booked my cruise on EOS, I didn't realize we would be at sea Easter Sunday. Anyone know if there would be a mass on board?

Hello! I need some advice on cabin selection. I can book an E1 on either deck 7 or 8. I prefer the higher deck BUT deck 7 has an E1 at the end of the hump. I am wondering if the last cabin on the hump is better than the higher deck. Thanks in advance!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hello! I need some advice on cabin selection. I can book an E1 on either deck 7 or 8. I prefer the higher deck BUT deck 7 has an E1 at the end of the hump. I am wondering if the last cabin on the hump is better than the higher deck. Thanks in advance!

There's not that much difference between deck 7 and deck 8 as far as height goes. If you want a better view aft, but a somewhat obstructed view forward, take the hump stateroom.

Yes I have posted to roll call and registered for the M&M. We are sailing on March 21 on the Explorer.

I'll contact the accessibility dept from Royal. Great idea. And I think we will try to rent a wheelchair.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul!

I'm on that same sailing and I'm aware of another passenger that will be using the accessibility department for a relative, so maybe he can provide you with some information.

Come and get to know us - we're a friendly bunch!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

The poster who said, if there is a clergy member on board... This is true.

However, we sail most spring breaks and the only times we haven't had services was when DD's spring break fell after Easter. We are Catholic and they tend to have Holy Week masses all week long.

That being said, watch there be no services this year.

I've been onboard where there was no priest but they did hold a non-denominational service on Sundays.

There's not that much difference between deck 7 and deck 8 as far as height goes. If you want a better view aft, but a somewhat obstructed view forward, take the hump stateroom.

Thanks for the info! Are the balconies plexiglass or metal? I remember reading that below a certain deck the balcony was metal. I was wondering if it is different between 7 and 8.

Thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app