Solstice Class AQ cabin choice and aft area vibration

edgee

:confused: DW and I are considering our first Solstice Class cruise. We want to try Aqua Class. I am most sensitive to noise. Seems that for AQ cabin choice it is best to locate near aft end of ship on Deck 11 so you have cabins above to avoid Lido deck or gym noise. However, my experience in Millenium class ships has been that there is often significant vibration coming from the center of the ship as one moves toward the rear. Therefore we have traditionally chosen forward cabins. I have downloaded Library Lady's wonderful cabin choice matrix which seems to confirm that these near-aft AQ cabins are generally the most reliably quiet since they have cabins above. But I was also wondering whether anyone has experienced this same vibration problem toward the rear which I have seen on Milenium class ships?

I had an aft stateroom on Equinox and did not notice any vibration. I also had an aft on Century a while ago and did notice a lot of vibration, so may guess isnthat S-Class ships have different engine systems than Millennium class and C-Class ships.

Archived