Crusinmama travels WITHOUT the kids {GASP!}

crusinmama06

why you would go without the kids' date=' but when I saw it was also without your hubby, well, it all made sense ;)

I really do hope we meet up on a cruise some day!!![/quote']

HAHAHAHA -- yeah, basically, it came down to my husband gets ONE vacation/year and he already used it up with Grandeur. The kids get ONE vacation per school year (also used up with Grandeur). I had to make sure that the next time my hubby sails its more than 12 months after Grandeur -- so that makes it October :(

I am taking them all to Bermuda because I knew it would be amazing. I want to share it with them! :D We'll be there longer with the kids. One day just wasn't enough in Bermuda!

Great review Michele. I hope the kids love Bermuda aboard the Gem. I'm going to be like you when in Bermuda - thinking that the kids would love every minute of it. Although I'm looking forward to an adults only vaca!!

Looking most forward to Horseshoe Bay!

Awesome review. Well thought out, and with great photos!

I noticed you put up another picture of the infamous splash pool lol.....

You guys will love the NCL Gem, looking forward to your review of that ship, one of these days you will have to try EPIC...for a family cruise you will not be disappointed.

so I have been sent over here from the first time cruising board, and my parter and myself are going on a cruise with our 4 year old, I am looking for any tips hints tricks packing suggestions. We are doing a pre-cruise night in the Biscayne Bay area of Miami, anyone ever been there with a family?

Thanks

Great review Michele. I hope the kids love Bermuda aboard the Gem. I'm going to be like you when in Bermuda - thinking that the kids would love every minute of it. Although I'm looking forward to an adults only vaca!!

Looking most forward to Horseshoe Bay!

And I will be looking at you -- relaxing -- and giving you the evil eye. :p;) I'll make sure if you are in the adult pool on Gem that I will have my youngest go and do a cannonball. Gotta shake it up a bit. :D LOL!

Great review!

So what were your overall impressions of cruising without kids and without your husband? Would you do it again?

Thanks! Without my husband, yes..lol. That was an easy one because the kids and I have cruised without him before. Without the kids, it depends. I REALLY, REALLY missed having them there. The joy of cruising, for me, is seeing it through their eyes. The excitement of everything for them, makes it even more exciting for me.

Awesome review. Well thought out, and with great photos!

I noticed you put up another picture of the infamous splash pool lol.....

You guys will love the NCL Gem, looking forward to your review of that ship, one of these days you will have to try EPIC...for a family cruise you will not be disappointed.

I was going to do Epic, the prices would have been the same, but I didn't want to fly. So we are going to drive to Gem. :) And yes, that splash pool didn't have any kids in it with diapers. But the main pool did! ;) I didn't bother to take pictures of kids with their diapers on in the pool -- figure its been overdone...lol.

Really enjoyed your review-Bermuda is beautiful!

Thanks! :D Yes, I couldn't stop staying WOW the entire time we were there. Amazing place!

so I have been sent over here from the first time cruising board, and my parter and myself are going on a cruise with our 4 year old, I am looking for any tips hints tricks packing suggestions. We are doing a pre-cruise night in the Biscayne Bay area of Miami, anyone ever been there with a family?

Thanks

If you haven't done so already, then you might want to start a separate thread with the cruise line and the ports you are visiting so you can get more specific advice for you :)

In Miami, we like to stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami because it is close to the bridge that goes over to the port, they have a pool and they are reasonably priced.

Thanks for the great review and beautiful pics, Chick-a-dee. I am so happy that you and Pat had a nice cruise :)

Jim and I are taking our first kidless cruise in August (Bermuda, too). We are looking forward to it but I feel a little guilty not taking the kid. I am sure I will get over it once onboard :)

Thanks for the great review and beautiful pics, Chick-a-dee. I am so happy that you and Pat had a nice cruise :)

Jim and I are taking our first kidless cruise in August (Bermuda, too). We are looking forward to it but I feel a little guilty not taking the kid. I am sure I will get over it once onboard :)

Oh I felt a whole bunch of guilt too. :D Maybe if Pat and I drank, I would have felt less guilty sooner :p

We did eat a whole bunch of chocolate. That helped...a little. :D

Archived