Is this a good cabin location?

I am booked on the 'Freedom of the Seas' cruise and my oceanview cabin is on deck 7, cabin number E1 - 7250. Is this a good cabin location? I asked not to be near entrance to elevator and looking at the deck plan on line I seem to be opposite the elevator entrance. Travel agent said the entrance for the elevator was 'hidden' and I would not have people outside my door Q'ing / waiting for elevator throughout the day and night. Even when booking a hotel I don't want to be near the elvator entrance due to noise.

My parents are on deck 3, cabin number G - 3246. Is this a good location?

Its our first cruise and really looking forward to it :)

I checked the deck plan on the RCCL website and you and your parents are right across from the elevator. Depending on your parents age and abilities, it might be good for them so they dont have to walk so much. I would call your TA and tell them that you want to switch. We are in an E1 also. We are AFT in 8412. See if an AFt is available for your sailing. You will be far from an elevator and will have to walk.

Go to RC website. Click on ship, freedom class, deck plan then type in your cabin # and you can see where you are.

Hope this helps!

Your TA is right that the elevators are hidden. The cabins are within a hallway. You have to exit that hallway and enter another area to take an elevator.

The location you have is very convenient.

You could potentially move further down the hall as there might be more foot traffic where you are, but you're not going to hear the elevators themselves or people waiting for them.

I checked the deck plan on the RCCL website and you and your parents are right across from the elevator.

The deck plans are misleading. No one is right across from the elevators.

the elevators are in their own lobby, separate from the passageways that contain the cabins. I think being near the elevator is a huge convenience, and the prime area on the ship. There shouldn't be any issues with noise.

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I know nothing about cruises or this ship but have plenty of time to read up on this forum before we travel. The travel agent called it 'unobstructed sea view' so I'm hoping thats what we will see from our cabin. The ship sounds amazing. I think I am quite happy to keep this room especially when the elevator entrance is in a sperate corridor and replies feel noise won't be a problem. It was after reading posts on this website I learnt to ask for a cabin not under the pool, deck area etc.

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I know nothing about cruises or this ship but have plenty of time to read up on this forum before we travel. The travel agent called it 'unobstructed sea view' so I'm hoping thats what we will see from our cabin. The ship sounds amazing. I think I am quite happy to keep this room especially when the elevator entrance is in a sperate corridor and replies feel noise won't be a problem. It was after reading posts on this website I learnt to ask for a cabin not under the pool, deck area etc.

What date are you sailing?

On the Freedoms sister ship, the Liberty, we had a cabin center hump/ship right outside the elevators, and you didnt hear a beep, bell, or any traffic coming or going from the elevator. It's a great location for those who don't or can't walk distances, or just want to be closer to the elevators/stairs. As a note it took me weeks to "upgrade" to a hump from one slightly less than midship. Watching cabin cancellations can pay off with a little persistence.

I am sailing Sept 18th 2011.

trying to get my head around this website. I saw a heading 'all things freedom' but have not been able to find it since. I am more familiar with Trip Advisor.....

Archived