PHOTOS - Canada/New England Ports

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. We are taking a cruise in Oct to CA/NE area. I'm in the process of researching Halifax, Sydney, Quebec & Montreal. We sail out of Quebec and fly into Montreal a couple of days prior and staying at the Mariott Springhill Suites. We will take the train into Quebec. What sites were you most impressed with at these ports? Did you take any private tours at any of these ports?

Yes, great pictures. Was on the cruise last year on the Explorer ots, can't wait to go again. Sailed out of Port Liberty, ports were Portland, Bar Harbor Maine, St John, Halifax and Boston.

gottagoacruzn,

Did you do a private tour in Halifax?

Great pictures! Planing our cruise for August. Just wondering, was the hour ride to Peggy's cove worth the hour ride back and forth? Did you then have enough time to explore Halifax? Thanks.

vicky

Great pictures! Planing our cruise for August. Just wondering, was the hour ride to Peggy's cove worth the hour ride back and forth? Did you then have enough time to explore Halifax? Thanks.

vicky

I did not mind the ride back and forth to Peggy's Cove. We had an excellent Tour Guide who talked most of the time. I did Peggy's Cove in the morning, returned to the ship for lunch, and then walked around Halifax in the afternoon.

I did not mind the ride back and forth to Peggy's Cove. We had an excellent Tour Guide who talked most of the time. I did Peggy's Cove in the morning, returned to the ship for lunch, and then walked around Halifax in the afternoon.

That's what I'd like to do. Did you do a ship tour or a private tour?

Thanks for posting photo's, we're doing Canada/New England 14 nights out of New York this October and i'm researching places to see and do. I didn't realise there are cliff walks at both Newport & Bar Harbour.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice posting. We did the same cruise from Montreal to Boston 6 years ago on the Massdam and loved the cruise. We had Suite 2 right behind the bridge. In Quebec we saw one of the Mime's that are in the upper city on a street corner. It was fun to see people's reaction to him as we watched from a street side cafe. We are doing a 10 day Quebec City to NYC this September and are going to have 3 days in Quebec City this time.

• 2 weeks later...
I have posted my photos from the May 28 sailing of the ms Maasdam. Ports of call include Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney, Prince Edward Island, Quebec City, and Montreal. There are seperate albums for the ship and each port of call.

Link: www.bwlatestcruise.shutterfly.com

I hope you like them.

Really nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the pictures.Did you go to The Biosphere in Montreal?Do you feel it was worthwhile.We are planning a 2 day precruise stop in Montreal.

Sorry, I did not go to the Biosphere. Maybe you can find some information at Tripadvisor.com.

Sounds like you had the same guide my DH had. Thanks for posting all your pictures. You took many more than we did.

• 1 month later...
I have posted my photos from the May 28 sailing of the ms Maasdam. Ports of call include Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney, Prince Edward Island, Quebec City, and Montreal. There are seperate albums for the ship and each port of call.

Link: www.bwlatestcruise.shutterfly.com

I hope you like them.

Love them! Thank you very much for sharing.

Sandi

Explorer of the Seas

New England/Canada

10/29/11

Archived