Trip Report: Oasis of the Seas 5/14-5/21...tons of pictures

Fantastic review and pictures!

We'll be sailing on the Oasis for Thanksgiving and because of your review, I'm really getting excited! I don't know if dh and myself will be able to figure out where everything is and which shows to book which night! I'll try to find the hidden spot you mentioned back a few pages to watch the water show from.

Is the chocolate breakfast only with the characters or is offered another time without the characters?

be warned... you will be wow'ed! hehe :) as for the shows, we booked one each night. only regret was, hairspray was the longest show went past midnight for us. bleh... i say book all the show to experience everything. oasis of dreams you can watch from aquatheater or like what we did. deck 14 aft made it seem like a somewhat private balcony.

chocolate breakfast it goes along with the character breakfast. and that was early, for us anways. 7am ish? and the characters do go to each table one by one for pictures.

I had a 7d with two macro lens Sigma 150mm and the new Canon 100mm macro just all round super lens, but never used Tamron.

see some of my images at http://www.pbase.com/canon_boy enjoy

i just googled the Tamron 90mm macro.. man that thing is huge. but i think that would be just as good lens for food pics.. so you can show every single bit of detail to make our mouth water.

I wish RCI would take me as their photographer. that means free cruises!! haha

Yeah, the Tamron is huge, almost similar to the Canon 100mm which is also a great lens, but a bit expensive.

The tamron is very sharp and give us a lot of detailed photos, also great for portraits!!

I'm still thinking if I take it to the cruise :p

Thanks for posting. Great Review!!! I have a question. In your post #55 the 4th picture down...Can the general public get up there above the Cupcake place to watch the parade? And do you know how to get there? I see a door. ???

Thanks for posting. Great Review!!! I have a question. In your post #55 the 4th picture down...Can the general public get up there above the Cupcake place to watch the parade? And do you know how to get there? I see a door. ???

There are stairs to the right of the Cupcake Cupboard that you can go up when the space is not being used by the entertainment staff.

Is the chocolate breakfast only with the characters or is offered another time without the characters?

I went to the chocolate breakfast and when we went to the MDR to the left was all the characters and some children but we were far right to the dining room seemed like that day they only had it on one side unless we jsut got there late it was the only morning we had breakfast in the MDR :) - Nice on going for Thanksgiving would love to do a holiday cruise some day! Enjoy!!

I really think RCI should hire you to do pictures for their brochures. Your pic's are the very best I've seen!! :D

I really thought Oasis and Allure were bigger than I wanted to cruise on but after seeing your review and some other great reviews, I think I'm going to have to reconsider. I think I'll go look at sailings right now. :D

Thank you again for all the time and energy and effort carrying that camera around! We really do appreciate the review.

E-Beth

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT Review and Pictures!!! Thank you so much for sharing your trip. In your opinion, did you think the cabanna on Labadee was worth it? How much was it? Again thank you for an excellent review. Wanda

I really think RCI should hire you to do pictures for their brochures. Your pic's are the very best I've seen!! :D

I really thought Oasis and Allure were bigger than I wanted to cruise on but after seeing your review and some other great reviews, I think I'm going to have to reconsider. I think I'll go look at sailings right now. :D

Thank you again for all the time and energy and effort carrying that camera around! We really do appreciate the review.

E-Beth

thank you very much... oh wouldn't that be sweet if they hired me.. free cruises! wont be complaining much ahhahah! you should really try the oasis class ship, well at least once anyways. we enjoyed it specially the shows.

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT Review and Pictures!!! Thank you so much for sharing your trip. In your opinion, did you think the cabanna on Labadee was worth it? How much was it? Again thank you for an excellent review. Wanda

we thought the cabanas were worth the money. $150 for the cheapest beachside cabana. you get the best beach in labadee, unlimited water since it was hot. butler guy, golf cart service floating mats.. and the upgraded lunch.. you can see the lunch food served on my trip report.

I'm just a photographer by hobby. 4 years ago bought myself a DSLR camera. just spent countless hours reading up online. going out each night to take pictures when the weather is nice. reading up and learning about post processing. voila! haha

thank you for the warm compliments

A couple of Carnival ships docked that day

_MG_6648_49_50_tonemapped.jpg

Cloud formation and the horizon that day looked so beautiful

_MG_6663_1_2_tonemapped.jpg

A Carnival ship leaving port

_MG_6675_3_4_tonemapped.jpg

_MG_6685_3_4_tonemapped.jpg

I'm just now getting caught up with this thread (been hanging out on the Allure board). Love the pictures! I wasn't initially a fan of HDR shots but they're growing on me. These pictures are a great example of why. Very nicely done.

Yeah, the Tamron is huge, almost similar to the Canon 100mm which is also a great lens, but a bit expensive.

The tamron is very sharp and give us a lot of detailed photos, also great for portraits!!

I'm still thinking if I take it to the cruise :p

I figure if I paid for it, I might as well take it and use it. I brought a 70-200 f/2.8 with me on the Allure and only used it once, but I got great shots of the Aqua Theater show. Was worth it just for those shots.

Omg i am inlove with all your pictures. I'm going on the Oasis in three weeks and am looking for a good camera that already comes with a really good sharp lens so we don't have to buy extras. What do you recommend? Ranging from $500-800?

I'm a Canon user myself. So I have always used Canons from 300d,xt, now the t1i. Shop around I know you can get an XS or XSI for even T1i or T2i when it goes on sale. Difference if you want video go with T1i at least its the cheapest model.

As for lens there are tons just depends how your style of shooting, like for myself i prefer wide angle shots. So I mainly use wide angle. Prime lens for low light shooting.

Once again thank you everyone !! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...