RCCL shuttle to Shoppes at Rose Hall

4evercruzin

We just did this last week and I'd recommend it. There were a lot of shuttle buses waiting at the port. It was about a 15-20 minute trip. Our bus driver talked over the bus's PA system and he was both informative and entertaining (ya mon!). He talked a little about the towns that we passed and pointed out a few things like the primary school that Usain Bolt attended. It started raining early afternoon so everyone at the Shoppes seemed to want to return to the ship at the same time. A long line formed but after about 10-15 minutes, several buses showed up and we were on our way back. We were told that we could typically expect a shuttle every 20 minutes or so.

Most of the shops were standard tourist fare, but there were a few that were unique. There were a few entertainers (steel drums, electric keyboard, dancer) and a guy selling fruit who seemed to be continually cutting up fresh coconuts for people. We had a very good lunch at a little cafe just inside the main entrance on the left. Four good grilled sandwiches (love the jerk chicken sandwich), 2 bags of chips, 2 bottled waters, a beer and a rum punch for about $40. My wife and daughters helped the local economy with some jewelry, a purse, and some blue mountain coffee. I helped the economy with a couple of Red Stripes. :D I'll post a few pictures once I get them uploaded.

We just did this last week and I'd recommend it. There were a lot of shuttle buses waiting at the port. It was about a 15-20 minute trip. Our bus driver talked over the bus's PA system and he was both informative and entertaining (ya mon!). He talked a little about the towns that we passed and pointed out a few things like the primary school that Usain Bolt attended. It started raining early afternoon so everyone at the Shoppes seemed to want to return to the ship at the same time. A long line formed but after about 10-15 minutes, several buses showed up and we were on our way back. We were told that we could typically expect a shuttle every 20 minutes or so.

Most of the shops were standard tourist fare, but there were a few that were unique. There were a few entertainers (steel drums, electric keyboard, dancer) and a guy selling fruit who seemed to be continually cutting up fresh coconuts for people. We had a very good lunch at a little cafe just inside the main entrance on the left. Four good grilled sandwiches (love the jerk chicken sandwich), 2 bags of chips, 2 bottled waters, a beer and a rum punch for about $40. My wife and daughters helped the local economy with some jewelry, a purse, and some blue mountain coffee. I helped the economy with a couple of Red Stripes. :D I'll post a few pictures once I get them uploaded.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience...very helpful!!

Thanks for posting the post! DH is going to call Iberostar where we booked our Day Pass to find out if there is taxi service between the shoppes and Iberostar, DD doesnt want to spend the entire time on the beach and wanted to go to the shops, then return to iberostar.

Archived