What do you miss most while cruising?

mr green

My parents...wish we would have been able to do this together before they passed away.

My dogs (Rougeau the bassett hound and Hannah the Yellow Lab)...they'd be funny on a balcony and could be considered onboard entertainment if they were permitted to go.

Family...who I know would love it if they just gave it...or anything but sitting on a South Jersey beach for 6+ hours and then heading to the boardwalk...a chance

That's it.

A daily newspaper. We used to enjoy The New York Times via fax, but now most lines have cut it out as a so-called cost saving measure.

Seriously? I'll be doing Vision of the Seas and Celebrity Equinox on October, as a first-timer. Are you serious I won't have a daily newspaper anywhere? Not even the library?

I know, it's vacation, I should take the time off... but knowing what is on gives me peace of mind. Not knowing, now that kills me! Ok, I won't read it in-depth, but at least the headlines... come on.

I miss:

good coffee

unlimited internet and news

my Tempurpedic mattress (we take our pillows :o)

my own bathroom, shower, hair dryer, and dressing area

washer and dryer

my routines

I'm always happy to be cruising and willing to forego, at least for a week or two, those things I love about home....always glad to know that I'm going back to them, though!

Seriously? I'll be doing Vision of the Seas and Celebrity Equinox on October, as a first-timer. Are you serious I won't have a daily newspaper anywhere? Not even the library?

I know, it's vacation, I should take the time off... but knowing what is on gives me peace of mind. Not knowing, now that kills me! Ok, I won't read it in-depth, but at least the headlines... come on.

If you think about a newspaper, since they are printed daily, the ship would have no way of having newspapers delivered daily in many locales.

You can usually get the day's news headlines on the TV in your cabin. Most have CNN or some other news station(s). Of course, when you are not in the US, the news stations may be outside-US news, but they seem to hit the high points of the US news also.

I miss reading my local newspaper in the morning while I eat breakfast and walking the dog in the morning. Granted, I think that eating breakfast (which room service brought) while looking out over the ocean on the balcony more than makes up for the local paper.

Our "fur baby", Rosie. But then I miss her even if I just go out for an evening or if I visit our out-of-town kids. She is really too old to travel with us, but she would love laying on the balcony of cruise ship and just enjoy the sunshine.

I miss my cats most of all. We used to have just one.. and he was very happy being an only cat. I was worried about leaving him home alone for our last cruise (family was coming to do food/water/liter) but he is a... very nervous cat. My grandmother comes to my house 3-5 days a week, and after 4 years he STILL hides when she comes over. So we got him a sister 5 months before our last cruise so he wouldn't be lonely :)

Unlike most, I actually WILL miss my job. I am a WaH mom, with to be honest, a really fun job. It doesn't make much... well enough to pay for 1-2 cruises a year, but the hours are whenever I want, and I get to learn a lot of new interesting things every day!

Our first 2 cruises after our kids were born, we missed them. So we took them on the next 2. I've tried suggesting to my wife that we experiment whether we would miss them as much again, but so far, she's not biting LOL.

Archived