Sylvie decristo..tour guide

winncruiser

Have any of you used Sylvie DeCristo as your tour guide for the day in Monaco? If so, did you enjoy her...what did you do...ect.

Thanks

winncruiser

We used Sylvie on May 15 when we were docked in Cannes. We were a group of 4 and we paid 130 euro per person. We did not opt to go to Monaco, but instead went to Antibes, Cagnes Sue Mer and St. Paul de Vence. Time-wise this made the most of our time in this area with an eye to getting back to the ship on time through the Cannes film festival traffic.

Sylvie was absolutely wonderful and worth every penny of the cost. She is a one woman operation and we booked early - last August for our trip last month. She is very flexible and will work with you on whatever you wish to do. She likes to give you a taste of what it is like to live in the area and what the people are like. Her driving skills are great as she maneuvered us through tiny, cobblestone streets which enabled us to see things one could never see on a larger tour.

Hope you are able to book her.

Mary

We used Sylvie in June 2010. Our ship docked two hour lates, but Sylvie was right there waiting at the gate. We did call her in advance to let her know of the delay. Everything was perfect, from Monaco, Eze and down the coast to Cannes, our family group of 7 of all ages, were treated great, learned a lot and had a memorable day. Very personable and knowledgable. Book her early!

Have any of you used Sylvie DeCristo as your tour guide for the day in Monaco? If so, did you enjoy her...what did you do...ect.

Thanks

winncruiser

Read the Lunch with Private guides Thread, and you'll read more raves about Sylvie

thank you all so much for the responses regarding Sylvie...yes, she is awesome...the only tour guide that I remember from my former times in the Med. I have e-mailed her and keeping my fingers crossed that she is available the day I'm in Monte Carlo.

Read the Lunch with Private guides Thread, and you'll read more raves about Sylvie

We have Sylvie booked for our stop in Monaco in Nov. and booked her because of the great reviews. Can't wait. Could not find the thread you mentioned. Can you tell me how to find Lunch with Private Guides? thanks.

We have Sylvie booked for our stop in Monaco in Nov. and booked her because of the great reviews. Can't wait. Could not find the thread you mentioned. Can you tell me how to find Lunch with Private Guides? thanks.

Actually we have her booked for the end of Oct., not Nov.

Sylvie was the highlight of our med trip. She seems to know every square inch of her area. She asked us our interests and proposed an itinerary that kept us engaged the whole time. We went to Nice, Monaco, Eze and a couple of other places.

• 2 weeks later...
thank you all for your positive responses..we have Sylvie booked for our tour...YEAH!!!

You will not be sorry. We used Sylvie last year for our cc group of 17 and she was fantastic (Monaco to St Paul, Eze, etc). We wish she were in other parts of France especially LeVerdon.

• 1 month later...

We used Sylvie on our first Med cruise in 2003. She was such a great guide and pleasant person to spend the day with. We have recommended her to many people. Every one has told me how grateful they were for the recommendation. Consider yourself fortunate to have Sylvie as a guide. She is a gem. You can see photos of her and what we saw on our tour in our review on our website www.thepreismans.com. To see Sylvie, click on the 2003 Med cruise button. Have a great time with one our all time favorite tour guides.

We used Sylvie on our first Med cruise in 2003. She was such a great guide and pleasant person to spend the day with. We have recommended her to many people. Every one has told me how grateful they were for the recommendation. Consider yourself fortunate to have Sylvie as a guide. She is a gem. You can see photos of her and what we saw on our tour in our review on our website www.thepreismans.com. To see Sylvie, click on the 2003 Med cruise button. Have a great time with one our all time favorite tour guides.

We used her in 2005 on your recommendation :D

A wonderful review and great photos. We have Sylvie booked for our cruise in Oct. and can't wait. We have been to Monaco, Eze, Nice and St., Paul de Vence before but it has been a long time. Glad you feel drivers are also about as good as guides. We have Romeinlimo for Florence, Rome Sorrento and Amalfi/Positano based on their excellent reviews. Did consider Marcello, but since we have RIL for the other places, we just stayed with them. Have also been to Florence and Rome before but not the Amalfi Coast. Do you remember the name of the restaurant you went to with Marcello? It sounds wonderful. We are also looking forward to Barcelon (have not been there before) and have a tour guide, Jose Solero, booked for 2 of the 3 days. He will get us into all the buildings and take us all around Barcelona. Again, thanks for all the great info.

A wonderful review and great photos. We have Sylvie booked for our cruise in Oct. and can't wait. We have been to Monaco, Eze, Nice and St., Paul de Vence before but it has been a long time. Glad you feel drivers are also about as good as guides. We have Romeinlimo for Florence, Rome Sorrento and Amalfi/Positano based on their excellent reviews. Did consider Marcello, but since we have RIL for the other places, we just stayed with them. Have also been to Florence and Rome before but not the Amalfi Coast. Do you remember the name of the restaurant you went to with Marcello? It sounds wonderful. We are also looking forward to Barcelon (have not been there before) and have a tour guide, Jose Solero, booked for 2 of the 3 days. He will get us into all the buildings and take us all around Barcelona. Again, thanks for all the great info.

We love Sylvie - used her in 2009 to see Monaco, Eze and Nice. We have her booked again on a port stop in Monaco in early October.

Can I ask more about the person you booked in Barcelona? Jose Solero? I can't seem to find him on the internet. We have a day here and are having trouble finding a good private tour guide.

Thanks!

We love Sylvie - used her in 2009 to see Monaco, Eze and Nice. We have her booked again on a port stop in Monaco in early October.

Can I ask more about the person you booked in Barcelona? Jose Solero? I can't seem to find him on the internet. We have a day here and are having trouble finding a good private tour guide.

Thanks!

You can e-mail him at info@pepitotours.com and also get info at http://www.pepitotours.com. We have him picking us up at the airport and taking us on a half day tour and then to our hotel, The 2nd day we have him booked for a full day tour of Barcelona with inside visits to all the important places. The 3rd day we will venture out on our own for a while and then Jose will pick us up at the hotel and take us to the ship. Have friends who used him in May and said he was terrific. Looking forward to meeting Sylvie. The friends we told about Jose in Barcelona, we also giave them Sylvie's name for Monaco and they also thought she was wonderful.

Lalique,

We are using RIL for several ports next year for our 3rd Med cruise. They are supposed to be very good. Have a wonderful time with Sylvie.

Do you remember the name of that restaurant? It looked amazing from your pictures. Could it be La Trattoria Tagliata which I have read so much about or the Restaurant San Giovanni?

Archived