What should we wear on a December cruise?

We are taking a cruise December 17th out of Orlando, FL (Port Canaveral) going to Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. I know it's early to be asking what to wear, but at the end of Summer I want to know if it's ok to pack up the kids summer clothes. Also, is it appropriate to wear sundresses and 'tropical' skirts? Please share any other December cruising tips/hints/experiences/etc.!

By the way! The cruise has 3 days at sea. Will these days be cold? How should we prepare to dressed on these days?

We are taking a cruise December 17th out of Orlando, FL (Port Canaveral) going to Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. I know it's early to be asking what to wear, but at the end of Summer I want to know if it's ok to pack up the kids summer clothes. Also, is it appropriate to wear sundresses and 'tropical' skirts? Please share any other December cruising tips/hints/experiences/etc.!

By the way! The cruise has 3 days at sea. Will these days be cold? How should we prepare to dressed on these days?

Hi:) I have sailed to the Caribbean in December many times and it

is always warm. What to wear? Shorts and t-shirts during the day,

along with bathing suits and coverups. Yes, sundresses are more than

appropriate along with tropical anything:D. I pack the same way

everytime I sail to the Caribbean because it stays warm all year

round. For evenings, I do bring a lightweight cardigan but most

of the time I never use it;)

As for being cold on sea days? Nope. The sun is very hot in the

Caribbean. Make sure you bring some good sunscreen.

we usually cruise in December and last year 2 weeks in the caribbean out of Port Canaveral we followed a COLD front so it was cool to warm.

SUMMER clothes are exactly what you want on the cruise along with a jacket for the cooler morns, so dont pack them away yet!

Sundresses, skirts and capris are appropriate, depending on your cruiseline

this is resort casual and with a cruiseline like NCL this is the dress for the entire cruise at all the venues.

ENJOY:)

We have cruised 3x in December. Once out of Florida and twice out of NJ. It will be warm in the Caribbean, dress as if you would any time you go to the Caribbean. The only thing we have seen different on December holiday cruises, believe it or not...is boots! Dressy, trendy nice boots with dresses on casual nights.

It could be very cold in Port Canaveral and Orlando. I have been in that area several times in December and had to bundle up with a sweater and winter coat. Last December we were there for one day/night and were confined indoors due to the weather. Weather in the Bahamas will be a little warm and in the Caribbean will be very warm, so dress according to the itinerrary.

We went on the Equinox in early December and alot of gals wore holiday outfits for the evening and saw plenty of holiday glitz during the day too! The ship will be all decked out for the Holidays so enjoy it! And yes it will be HOT!

Bev

Orlando weather in December: http://www.orlando-weather.us/orlandoweatherindecember.html

Archived