BOA Visa - Am I too late

My cruise is next week (June 18). Completely forgot until today that I had signed up for a RCI Visa card and have enough points on it for some OBC.

Any chance I can still cash in my points for this cruise, or am I too late?

Unfortunately, you're too late. I did the same thing on our last cruise - forgot about it until 2 1/2 weeks prior. Took about 7 business days to receive the coupon and read on the actual form that it needed to be submitted something like 7 business days prior (don't remember the exact number,but I received them on the Monday before cruise and missed deadline).

Guess you'll have to save them as an excuse to go on another cruise;)

When you call to redeem your points, I have always been given my certificate number. You MAY be able to give that number to RCCL while you wait for the hard copy of the certificate to arrive, then mail to that to RCCL.

I would call RCCL first, see if you can find someone who says this is possible, get their name and direct line (to make sure you talk to them again since they agreed it was possible), call BOA, get the certificate number and call that RCCL rep. back.

It's a long shot, but might work.

If not, points don't expire for 5-6 years (or at least mine don't!), so you can always put them towards OBC for another cruise.

Call RCCL and ask the procedure. It goes something like ask the BOA rep for the certificate number and call the Crown and Anchor number and give them the certificate number and tell them you want onboard credit. When you receive the certificate in the mail even if it's after your cruise, complete it and forward it to Crown and Anchor as directed. This is what I was told three weeks ago. Hope it works.

My cruise is next week (June 18). Completely forgot until today that I had signed up for a RCI Visa card and have enough points on it for some OBC.

Any chance I can still cash in my points for this cruise, or am I too late?

Might be a little late but a call to Crown & Anchor could help.

My certificates took 8 days to come. I called C&A today, gave them the coupon numbers.

They told me they would apply the onboard credits

to my booking and to send in the certificates. Also to check a few days before the cruise

to make sure everything is applied. The number I called is 1-888-305-4626.

One of the program rules listed is that Rewards Coupons for onboard

credits will be accepted up to 5 business days, (not including weekends) prior to the cruise departure date.

As previous posters indicated, having the numbers to call in might

work.

Good luck

I think that it is too late as well. I called last week for my OBC and I had to get the certificate numbers over the phone which were applied to our sailing. I have still not received the certificates in the mail as of today. When they do come I have to mail them to RCCL. Our sailing is on Serenade of the Seas leaving on 7/3/11.

Call RCCL and ask the procedure. It goes something like ask the BOA rep for the certificate number and call the Crown and Anchor number and give them the certificate number and tell them you want onboard credit. When you receive the certificate in the mail even if it's after your cruise, complete it and forward it to Crown and Anchor as directed. This is what I was told three weeks ago. Hope it works.

Agreed. I do this all the time. You don't need the actual copy to get the OBC. You get the number from BOA and then give it to C&A. Once the certificate comes in the mail send it out to RCCL. I tend to book last minute and I think only two times in 15 cruises did I have the certificate in hand to send in time.

Archived