Ballantyne Pier, Vancouver

Jmaison

From the boards, I see that Radiance will be going out of Ballantyne Pier, not Canada. Will there be buses or taxis there to take us back into town? We are staying the night before and night after in Vancouver for some sightseeing. Also, does anyone know how to do the transportation from downtown Vancouver to the ferry to Victoria? Thanks for the help. joan

Yes, plenty of cabs available from Ballantyne. As for the Victoria Ferry, first off, I never recommend this as a day trip. Plan on an overnight, you also either need a car or take the bus from downtown Vancouver. Myself, I always take over a car, just gives you far more freedom for touring. :) You can't just walk on about 30 minutes from Vancouver, and then easily get to Victoria from Swartz Bay.

http://www.pacificcoach.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Schedule.main

Jmaison,

To better put this in perspective...Ballantyne Pier is in sight of Canada Place and only a few blocks away. It's still considered to be "in town".

I agree with Budget Queen. A day trip to Victoria will require a 30 minute ride to the ferry, a 1.5 hour ferry crossing and then another 30 minutes into Victoria. Without a wait, it's a 2.5 hours and probably closer to 3.5 - 4 hours with wait time. If you chose to still do it as a day trip, you might consider renting a car, AND making ferry reservations. (www.bcferries.com) Book an early ferry reservation with an evening return. If you do make the trip you will wish you had overnighted. It's a beautiful spot!!

I guess I wasn't clear. We do plan an overnight in Victoria on our way back to SEattle to fly home. We plan to stay in Vancouver on Sat. night and then take the ferry to Victoria on Sunday morning and spend the night there. I was wondering if there would be transportation to the ferry from the hotels downtown in VAncouver. Thanks joan

I guess I wasn't clear. We do plan an overnight in Victoria on our way back to SEattle to fly home. We plan to stay in Vancouver on Sat. night and then take the ferry to Victoria on Sunday morning and spend the night there. I was wondering if there would be transportation to the ferry from the hotels downtown in VAncouver. Thanks joan

This is NOT a walk on ferry if you are looking to go to Victoria, so are you looking at a bus package??? Some do have hotel pick ups, but the above Pacific Coach, has the pick up points listed. All you need to do is to cab to the location, but a car is way superior, my opinion only, I always take on over.

Joan:

I think renting a car would be the most fun.

My second suggestion is to use the Pacific Coach Lines bus service from downtown Vancouver to downtown Victoria. You'll take all the stress out of the trip!

They stow your luggage securely on the bus's underbelly compartment, so you are free to enjoy the ferry ride without hauling suitcases. Also trust me - you don't want to walk on and off the ferry with heavy suitcases.

The higher end hotels in downtown Victoria will arrange to pick you up at the Victoria Bus depot in their shuttle or van.

http://www.pacificcoach.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=schedule.vancouver

Whatever way you get here - have fun!!

Starbuck

Starbuck... you need to give me the names of some good pubs.... I don't know how many we can hit, but if we start at 0900, we should be able to make a dent! Will need a good long nap before dinner tho:D

does this sound "do able"... cab into town from port... stroll, shop, tipple, shop, tipple, snack, tipple, shop, wander, tipple, tipple, tipple, topple, cab back to ship? We have to be back onboard by 2pm

Archived